All reviews oldest hotel walls are very thin wide corridors bigger room overlooking the harbour junior suite nice place to stay norwegian hotels centre of town single bed hotel breakfast bars and restaurants perfect location nice staff stayed two nights great breakfast business trip
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

I came here to deliver a workshop. The hotel is one of the oldest in Stavanger. The staff are exceptionally helpful, the breakfast is one of the best I have had at any hotel. I slept well, although I could hear noise from the street one night. It’s very clean and right near the train station.So if you want a basic hotel that does the job. It’s well worth the stay.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Catrine V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you Merriwell for the fantastic review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Stavanger.

Regards Catrine and team Victoria

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Walls are made of paper, I had to listen to a drunk couple next door go at it half the night from arguing to sex and back again, truly awful. To make matters worse, the usual Stavanger stormy wind blowing all night rattling some metalwork right outside may window. Unfriendly & vacant desk staff. Never again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 17 November 2017

The staff is very nice here, and the location is good-- but the hotel has a issues that would leave me seeking another hotel next time I'm in Stavanger. There is no gym, but they have an agreement with GYM Stavanger which is about a 2 minute jog away. The issue is that they only have a certain amount of gym keys, and when they are being used, you are out of luck. Gym access, especially in a city where the inclement weather makes outdoor workout challenging), is a big factor for me. The beds are comfortable and there is instant coffee and an empty fridge in the room, but whenever the kettle or the (provided) hair dryer was used, all of the electricity went out in my room. There were several times where I was happy to have the flashlight on my phone so I could shower and see what I was doing while getting ready early and later in the day. Also the walls are very thin- easy to hear what's going on just on the other side of your bed.

Room tip: Don't stay in room 411 until they fix the electrical issue
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Catrine V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Catatonia

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are changing gympasses to vouchers with unlimited access to the gym. There has been an issue with the power in some rooms, an electrician is working on this. We are upgrading the hotel rooms in 2018 and the walls will be improved. We therefore hope that you will give us another chance and visit us NeXT time you come to Stavanger.

Regards Catrine and team Victoria

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Basic, lacks any attention to detail. Poor customer service. Breakfast very average staff seemed rushed. Five straight days no black tea on offer despite constant reminding they never restocked! No body wash on bathroom, restock of tea and coffee is very hit and miss..they just lack that supervisory function that could make this a decent hotel. Think twice if considering to stay here

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The hotel i situated in the harbour, and you are only a 100 meter away from almost anything. The hotel does appear a little bit worn-down, but the price pr. night compensates for this. The Hotel-Chain has engaged famous swedish chef Tina Nordstrøm to design the hotel-breakfast. I do not think she has put a lot of effort in it, as the breakfast is completely average and boring.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Catrine V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are continously working on improving our breakfast and on introducing new and healthy items.
We hope to see you again.

Regards Catrine