“Awesome”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

One of my favorite restaurants! Really good food and great staff! My and my boyfriend was sooo well taking care off here

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a table on the website. Wasn’t necessary but you never know.
Hi The food was very good. A party of six and we all decided to have the shared platter. Reasonably priced for a fair portion.

—Service is as important as the food in my books.
The service was ok, but we felt like everything was in a hurry. There weren’t that many guests and this was early evening so why they were in a hurry God only knows. The food arrived quickly.... naturally, but we decided to drop dessert because of the stress. The waitress didn’t even bother to hang around whilst we payed and not even a “thank you, come again”. Well we won’t.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Authentisity. Taste of Mexico. Simple but neat. Relativly dark and bad lighting in a basement restaurant. Tables and chairs.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

A nice little hidden restaurant in a basement, but the food and the atmosphere is worth looking it up. We were greeted by a smiling waitress and she took good care of us during the whole meal. The food was good and tasteful and we left after a couple of hours feeling happy with our visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I was quite surprised by the level of unprofessionalism and low quality food at Frida during our last visit. The occassion was very important, which made it even more of a let down. Bottom line: I will never go back nor will I ever recommend to any of my colleagues/friends to have any big event there.

The long story: I planned my doctoral defense dinner there with 26 guests through a series of several emails and one personal visit. I should've taken the super slow communication as the first sign that things wouldn't go well. I had to request the menu several times before I finally got an answer. This was even after I warned "I will be very busy in the lead-up to my defense so I would be very happy to get this sorted out ahead of time." Still, because of the slow communication, I found myself having to spend time on organizing the dinner during a very inconvenient time. In addition, I requested the side-room (that is more private, quiet and intimate) no less than 3 times, in which I got several confirmations. When we got there, the waitress had _no clue_ and said that it wouldn't be possible for us to sit in the side room . After arguing with her, she finally gave in but we had to arrange the room ourselves. So I had to get _my_guests_ to carry tables and chairs and set them. Of course, the waitresses made it seem like we were inconveniencing THEM during this process.

Then came the horrible waits. Out of 26 guests, I had roughly 10 of them complain about waiting over 40 minutes to get a drink. The worst part is when they finally received their beer, IT WAS EXPIRED. This leads me to the seriously _horrible_ food. We ordered the molcajetes and what we got was big bowls of cold meat that was extremely sweet, over-cooked and (frankly) inedible. I had three guests that had to leave early because it made them feel so bad that they needed to go home (probably a mixture of the expired beer and bad food). As if the horrible service, expired beer and bad food wasn't enough, when we requested that the music get turned down so that we could hear the speeches, nothing was done. It made it virtually impossible to hear anything.

If you are thinking about eating here or arranging any event, think again. We had been to Frida before and were quite happy with the food/service but we saw tables next to us leave because they weren't being served. Apparently this is an ongoing issue with the establishment. Honestly, I am extremely disappointed and pretty angry that they screwed up a very very important night for me. Thanks for nothing, Frida.