“You should try this”

Ranked #21 of 1,591 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$25 - US$38
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mother India is Norway’s oldest Indian restaurant. Run by the Sharma family the restaurant opened its door in 1993, and has been with the same family in the same location ever since. We are proud of this, but also humble to our guests' expectations of us.We regard ourselves as cultural ambassadors of India through the food we serve. Hence, as our guest you are not a customer but part of our family.We constantly source our ingredients from different suppliers, searching for the very best. That is why we also blend our own spice mixtures. This gives our food a unique flavor, and the recipes are a well kept secret.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A very positive experience at Mother India.
We walked across Oslo for this meal and were not disappointed. Mango Murgh and Gosht Tikka Masala both with rice were Very tasteful at Ok prices.
A visit is strongly recommended if you like Indiana food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first time here and perhaps one of the best Indian dining experiences in Europe.
Food, staff the whole evening was superb

Reviewed March 1, 2018

I have been visiting this restaurant regularly for 18 years, and I always come back to it when I start craving for some real indian food. Being a regular customer, I am always greeted in the most friendly way, even if I’m only in for some take away. The reason I keep coming back to Mother India is not only the warmth I feel and the service I get, but the quality of the food.

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

I booked a table for the family(two adults and two teenagers). We had a lovely meal, great atmosphere and great service. Yes, it is a small restaurant, but we experienced it at its best as an intimate and service orientated restaurant. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

I've always wanted to visit Mother India in Kristiansand as I really like the Saritas home cooking kits, but it has never materialized when I've been there. Impatiently I decided to try the one in Oslo. The food was very good and the service mediocre. I really had an issue with the venue though. It seemed unorganized, stressed and a bit worn down. It was a pleasant meal, but as soon as Ive had my final bite I could not get out of there fast enough, which is quite weird. No doubt I will try the original one in Kristiansand though.