“A must while in Vienna”

Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t
Ranked #1 of 46 Food & Drink in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Food. Culture. Vienna. Welcome to Vienna! My name is Bianca an Austrian Chef, Food Lover, Economist and Writer based in Vienna. Besides my love and dedication for food I enjoy travelling, which, has afforded me the opportunity to gain passionate knowledge of the "International Kitchen". Food is culture! And I would even go further and say: Food means Identification & Home! Thus, I don't provide simple cooking classes, but a wide repertoire of food stories and delicious recipes. I offer: Open or private cooking classes for Individual travelers and Groups!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Julia took us for a lovely walk around the neighborhood that included a little street kiosk, a lovely coffee shop and an amazing market in full action. Her knowledge of the city and its culinary tradition is excellent. At the kitchen, she was a fun, insightful, a wonderful teacher who gave us several tips of Austrian cuisine. We really did everything from scratch. The whole experience exceeded my expectations. I recommend this to everyone who enjoys eating and cooking.

blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Hello Aurora, we are happy that you felt comfortable and welcome with us! I hope Strudel & Goulash traveld back home with you :-) best regards, Bianca, Julia & Katharina

All reviews
"fun afternoon"
"highlight of our trip"
"unforgettable experience"

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Tried this class with two friends in April and very glad that I did! We wanted to get a bit more local experience and away from normal tourist activities and Bianca and her new hire Julia delivered. We met them in the morning and Bianca gave us a bit of a lesson on the local culture, history and how it fit in to what we were about to do. We spent some time in the city and even got to try various horse-meat sausages which were very good and went to a nice cafe, Aida, which has locations all around Vienna, and had a nice coffee and a delicious Rum Sponge cake.
We them proceeded to Bianca's apartment as we were a small class and that definately enhaned the esperience, it shows that you can actually do this yourself without a commercial kitchen. Bianca and Julia showed us how to make a three course meal finishing with a strudel that we made from scratch - including the paper thin pastry that Bianca made very easy for us to do. All of us had a chance and a hand in everything that we made and were able to take home the leftovers. Both Bianca and Julia were fantastic; kind, helpful and very easy to learn from. I fully recommed anyone thiniking about it to go ahead and give it a try.
After the course, Bianca gives you some fantastic takeaways including the full recipes. I've attached a picture showing my attempt to remake it and it turned out wonderful.I can't recommend this experience enough!

2  Thank DonW897
blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you, Don! I am glad to see the fruits of our culinary meeting! :-)

Reviewed 28 May 2018

In April, three of us were traveling through Eastern Europe, starting in Budapest, then to Vienna and finally to Prague, where 2 people in our group ran the Prague Marathon. In order to get a "taste" of the local cuisine while inn Vienna, we found Bianca's website and decided to book the cooking class. Bianca and Julia met us at a designated meeting spot and we proceeded to get a history lesson about Austria and Vienna, the food culture and local traditions. Our class took place in Bianca's apartment (she has a couple of locations so based on number of people signed up, she determines the best place). Although some of the food preparation took place in advance, all of us had a chance to assist in preparing the menu. Bianca is absolutely the most wonderful person....warm and welcoming and an excellent chef! Julia, who was just hired and and will work with Bianca, was equally as nice. The entire experience was fantastic and the food was delicious! This experience was not something we would typically seek out but I am so glad we did. I would highly recommend to anyone who desires a local experience. Thank you Bianca and Julia!!

3  Thank John S

Thank you, John! I hope the food filled up your energy and you had a great marathon in Prague! :-)

Reviewed 17 May 2018

My daughter and I cooked with Katharina in Vienna last week and it was by far, the highlight of our trip. Katharina is lovelyl--she shared the culture and great insights on how to experience food in Austria. The cooking experience was incredible--can't wait to try it all at home. A very well deserved 5 stars! THANK YOU, Katharina! :)