“Cooking Class with Strudel and MORE”

Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t
Ranked #1 of 45 Food & Drink in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Food. Culture. Vienna. Welcome to Vienna! My name is Bianca an Austrian Chef, Food Lover, Economist and Writer based in Vienna. Besides my love and dedication for food I enjoy travelling, which, has afforded me the opportunity to gain passionate knowledge of the "International Kitchen". Food is culture! And I would even go further and say: Food means Identification & Home! Thus, I don't provide simple cooking classes, but a wide repertoire of food stories and delicious recipes. I offer: Open or private cooking classes for Individual travelers and Groups!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I had the pleasure to attend a cooking class with Bianca and it was an absolute delight! The tasting tour was great to get to know each other and although I live in Vienna myself I learned a lot about austrian food culture and traditions.
The cooking class itself war prepared and organized perfectly, totally enjoyable even with no cooking skills what so ever. And of course, everything tasted great. Bianca is a lovely host and offers not only a great cooking class but also her knowledge and wisdom about the city, recommendable cafés, bars and sights, public transport, trainstations etc. Thank you so much for the lovely day!

All reviews
"fun afternoon"
"highlight of our trip"
"unforgettable experience"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening we spent with Katharina when we visited Vienna last month. Loved making and eating the traditional dishes, especially the strudel. Thanks for a great evening and all the tips!

blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our family of 4 did a tour with Katharina on our trip to Vienna and it was absolutely the highlight of our visit. Katharina took us on a nice food tour and then we cooked a meal together. We look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My daughter, granddaughter and I attended Cooking in Vienna with Bianca is(s)t the first day of our vacation trip to Vienna. Katharina was our teacher. She was both delightful and knowledgeable. A walking tour of a sausage stand, a coffee house experience and an open air neighborhood market added depth to our understanding of Vienna's food culture. Katharina made sure we had a hands on experience in the kitchen and her directions were easy to follow. She offered to assist us after the class with any questions we might have during the rest of our trip. We did email her with questions about tipping and how to get a taxi. It was like having a big sister to rely on.

blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your expierience with us! This is exactly what we wanna be: a local host!
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! Best regards from Vienna, Bianca & Katharina

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

5 friends who have known each other 50+ years had the wonderful treat of a class with Katherina. Began with tour of neighborhood, tried horsemeat liver-cheese-liver and liked it! Visited typical Viennese coffee and pastry shop and learned surprising fact about that little glass water. Best was fun of cooking Beef Goulash and Spaetzli and Apple Strudel!! Thanks for a memorable evening. Well done!

1  Thank Mary Beth H
blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Mary & friends, we are very happy that you enjoyed your culinary time with us in Vienna! What a great friends group! :-) best regards from Vienna, Bianca & Katharina