“Highlight of our visit”

Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t
Ranked #1 of 46 Food & Drink in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Food. Culture. Vienna. Welcome to Vienna! My name is Bianca an Austrian Chef, Food Lover, Economist and Writer based in Vienna. Besides my love and dedication for food I enjoy travelling, which, has afforded me the opportunity to gain passionate knowledge of the "International Kitchen". Food is culture! And I would even go further and say: Food means Identification & Home! Thus, I don't provide simple cooking classes, but a wide repertoire of food stories and delicious recipes. I offer: Open or private cooking classes for Individual travelers and Groups!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our family of 4 did a tour with Katharina on our trip to Vienna and it was absolutely the highlight of our visit. Katharina took us on a nice food tour and then we cooked a meal together. We look forward to our next visit!

All reviews
"culture"
in 14 reviews
"julia"

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My daughter, granddaughter and I attended Cooking in Vienna with Bianca is(s)t the first day of our vacation trip to Vienna. Katharina was our teacher. She was both delightful and knowledgeable. A walking tour of a sausage stand, a coffee house experience and an open air neighborhood market added depth to our understanding of Vienna's food culture. Katharina made sure we had a hands on experience in the kitchen and her directions were easy to follow. She offered to assist us after the class with any questions we might have during the rest of our trip. We did email her with questions about tipping and how to get a taxi. It was like having a big sister to rely on.

blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your expierience with us! This is exactly what we wanna be: a local host!
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! Best regards from Vienna, Bianca & Katharina

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

5 friends who have known each other 50+ years had the wonderful treat of a class with Katherina. Began with tour of neighborhood, tried horsemeat liver-cheese-liver and liked it! Visited typical Viennese coffee and pastry shop and learned surprising fact about that little glass water. Best was fun of cooking Beef Goulash and Spaetzli and Apple Strudel!! Thanks for a memorable evening. Well done!

1  Thank Mary Beth H
blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Mary & friends, we are very happy that you enjoyed your culinary time with us in Vienna! What a great friends group! :-) best regards from Vienna, Bianca & Katharina

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I took a Curry cooking course with Banca in Linz and I can only say positive things about it!
While teaching us, Bianca showcased her deep knowledge and passion of food and its preparation. Having travelled extensively to learn about food from other cultures and being a trained cook, you can tell that she has her stuff together. The dishes we cooked were delicious and versatile, showing the different nuances of curries in the world. The positive experience was complete with a kind and fun atmosphere and a lovely decorated and presented dinner table.
Congrats for your professionalism and for passing on your love for food!

blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Thank you very much for this positive feedback! :-) Hope to see you back soon. I am heading to Vietnam now and will bring back some culinary stories to Linz :-)