“amazing night in the kitchen!”

Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t
Ranked #1 of 45 Food & Drink in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Food. Culture. Vienna. Welcome to Vienna! My name is Bianca an Austrian Chef, Food Lover, Economist and Writer based in Vienna. Besides my love and dedication for food I enjoy travelling, which, has afforded me the opportunity to gain passionate knowledge of the "International Kitchen". Food is culture! And I would even go further and say: Food means Identification & Home! Thus, I don't provide simple cooking classes, but a wide repertoire of food stories and delicious recipes. I offer: Open or private cooking classes for Individual travelers and Groups!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 31 January 2018

One of the best experiences we had on our trip to Austria. My wife and I are still making the recipes we learned in our class to this day!!!

All reviews
"fun afternoon"
"highlight of our trip"
"unforgettable experience"

Reviewed 7 January 2018

The hours we spent rolling, stirring, whisking and listening to Katherine, our host, describe the traditionally prepared culinary delights on our menu, turned out to be more than just a delicious meal. It was a relaxing and very well paced experience. It allowed us to step out of tourist mode briefly, and into a "behind the scenes" look at the markets, coffee shops, kitchens, and food traditions of Austria. Thank you Katherine for time well spent in the kitchen and around the table!

blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for this great feedback! Great that you spend time with us!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I visited Bianca and Katharina on our recent trip to Vienna. It was an extremely intimate and fun cooking class as Bianca made us feel completely at home. Literally. She invites us into her beautiful, modern apartment to make the dishes and is very warm and welcoming from beginning to end. She provides a lot of history and insights into the cooking techniques and the ingredients which was very enlightening. We loved this class and would take more classes if they were like this! The group was about 10 people but it didnt feel that way as everyone was comfortable with another. We thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend it 100% !

blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Orunema! I am very happy to read your lines! Thank you! :-) Come back!
Best regards from Vienna, Bianca

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We visited with Katerina in the public cooking class. She was wonderful. There were the four of us and another couple. Katerina took us around and showed us the market as well as some history of the area. The actual cooking class took place in Bianca’s apartment. All in all it was very informative and a lot of fun. Our kids are 17 and 20 and they both enjoyed it as well.

1  Thank mft1228