“Visit this old world shop”

Leschanz Wiener Schokolade Konig
Ranked #12 of 177 Shopping in Vienna
Reviewed 31 July 2018

The chocolates are good and irresistible, but I concur with others, nothing out-of-this -world. Nevertheless, it is worth visiting this shop because it retains the charm of its original decor. It was a button shop and has all the woodwork and drawers, and on the upper levels even its buttons. They package their chocolates beautifully and inventively. They even make chocolates in the shapes and colors of buttons. Could not resist buying this cute collection. My favorite--the passion fruit. The shop is just a block off the main shopping street, not far from St. Stephens. I found it a delight.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank KerryR1264

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This is a treat for chocoholics. I loved all the packaging which was very pretty and we bought a selection to try which was all delicious and although expensive we went back and bought more to bring home as gifts. Couldn't resist the langue de chat boxes and we have bought a boxed Sachertorte to try. My chocolate loving friends will love this I am sure.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I love chocolate but I just looked. Chocolates looked very good but they we also very expensive. Store was very nice.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 25 November 2015

I am giving this a very good score, because average is too low and I cannot justify that. However, in short, the store was beautiful which gets high marks, but the chocolate was nothing spectacular in taste.

Perhaps I went into this store with such great expectations that the disappointment felt that much stronger. After reading that the chocolates were better than Belgian and Swiss I made it a mission to go and find this store.

We entered the store and it was lovely inside. So cozy, with an old time charm that you cannot find just anywhere. Beautiful chocolates, designs, a few baked goods, and a hot chocolate station. What was not to love? So we carefully chose some of the truffels to try.

The marzipan chocolates were outstanding, but the rest were lackluster. The Earl Grey we would never have guessed. Neither of us could taste this. Other chocolates started off great, but had a disappointing after taste. And some chocolates were good chocolate, but nothing more.

Both my husband and I felt the same way. We were happy to go and try it, but will not be making a special trip back to the store. If I happen to walk by, maybe I will stop in again. So I recommend to try for yourself and see what you think about the chocolate--I am interested in seeing what others think about this place.

Date of experience: November 2015