“Excellent”

Cuisines: Austrian, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Café seit Mozarts Zeiten The first coffeehouse was opened at this location in 1794, three years after the death of W.A. Mozart. The Café Katzmayr located here was a popular meeting point for writers, artists, and actors during the Biedermeier period. In 1882 the old baroque house was torn down, and a Café was opened again in the present building which received the name Café Mozart in 1929. Here is where Graham Green worked on the screenplay of 'The third man' in 1947. A scene of this great classic film takes place in the street serving area of the Café Mozart. Enjoy the atmosphere of a traditional Viennese café without being bothered by smoke! For the Café Mozart is entirely a non-smoking café. If you wish to smoke you can do so on the terrace of our café or in the bar area of Crossfield’s Australian Pub next door.
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

Currently sat in Cafe Mozart enjoying an excellent lunch! Both main courses are delicious. Wine is much delicious and the service is attentive and far friendlier the we have encountered elsewhere in Vienna. Yes, it's touristy but that doesn't mean it isnt good. Now - for cake!

Date of visit: December 2015
Write a reviewReviews (3,485)

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

We visited Cafe Mozart twice during our visit to Vienna. It is a very busy
coffee house across the street from the Albertina. I must confess, it was me that insisted we go back so I could get the beef tartare again. My husband said that he had the best wiener Schnitzel in Vienna here as well. They serve theirs with a fruit jam in addition to the lemon. Everything was all very good including the coffee and the dessert. We had exceptional and friendly service here as well. And the atmosphere is not half bad either.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

My mum and I came for breakfast. I speak fluent German so I was able to ask for a table and order some breakfast. So far so good, then it all went downhill.

Having lived in Austria am aware of the cultural tradition of the coffee houses, however, I have never before had to send back a tea cup as it was dirty only to watch the waiter around he corner wipe it clean and return it to me. Still dirty with coffee marks.

Eggs arrived with the bread.... I had to ask after 5 minutes where was our butter. Let alone the honey and jam.

Service with an attitude. Sadly not the one conducive to a great experience. Highly disappointing. Stay well away and experience true Viennese coffee culture in a venue that welcomes you. Anywhere else I would say!

2  Thank Cymresardaith
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in vienna.The service the food the dessert are all excellent. Would definitely visit again ✌️.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

This is a most beautiful restaurant situated in the centre of Vienna. The ambience is wonderful and the staff are so charming and courteous making everyone welcome. The food is just delicious we had a lovely meal there followed by some of their delightful pastries. A really typical Austria cafe.