All reviews old town beautiful hotel hotel restaurant attic room air conditioning old style squeezed orange juice narrow streets excellent design nearby castle breakfast was excellent rooms are modern quiet area on foot two nights austria liechtenstein
Reviewed 13 July 2018

We wished we could have stayed on at this fabulous family-owned hotel. We were on a bicycle tour and had to move on the next day. The hotel is modern and the rooms were simple but stylish. The staff were warm and helpful, and assisted with storing our bikes and also with restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was included in our rate and was outstanding.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We were very happy with the quality of this hotel, which was booked for us as part of our cycle tour from Konstanz. It was by far the best quality of hotel hotel that we have stayed in to date, and wish the other hotels had been as good!

I particularly appreciated the “boutique hotel” finishes, which were not just present in the public areas but were carried out very successfully to the bedrooms too. Congratulations to the design firm that came in with this design motif, it was really executed wonderfully well.

The location of the hotel is excellent, being right in the center and within easy walking distance of many restaurants and attractions. Because of this, we chose to eat at an outside restaurant rather than the hotel restaurant. Nonetheless, the hotel restaurant is clearly very popular as it was packed the night we were there. We were able to sample the hotel food at breakfast, which was a typical hotel breakfast buffet.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Made a last minute booking and got myself a 2 night sleep at this charming boutique restaurant/hotel.
Arrived on a quiet Sunday afternoon, and received a warm welcome by the only receptionist on duty. She speaks perfect English and checked me into my attic room in no time. Point to note - no ID verification (no passport), and no credit card needed for check in! A first for me.
My attic room is tastefully decorated - refer to pictures.
If I have to complain, the bathroom is a little small, especially the shower cubicle. Huge selection of TV channels, mostly in German, French or Italian - no HBO!
Oh, they serves a sumptuous breakfast buffet! High quality cold cuts… love their salami!
Hotel is in downtown, walking distance to many attractions and restaurants, even close to a supermarket. Just be aware of their opening time though - moatly not open on Sunday, and some even on Monday.
For first timer (like me), do park your car near the hotel and will your way there to check in. My Google map did not being me directly to the front of hotel. I had to park one lane behind, and walked there with my luggage (medieval streets, do not expect to tow you luggage). Once there, the receptionist would give you a map to go to their designated underground parking lot. Just keep your eyes open in the underground parking lots for Gutwinski… took me a little while to figure out how to get into 2nd barrier… 10 euro a night for parking.
Perfect hotel to stay if you need to get to Haag, Liechtenstein or West Austria area. I had to cross 2 borders to go to Haag Switzerland every morning

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Spent couple of night late January and enjoyed it very much. Location is central however it was quite. Had a nice size room with a huge bathroom equipped with all amenities to make it a comfortable stay. Breakfast with delicious and staff are polite and very professional.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Albtrekker1974
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Our third stay in this wonderful hotel. The updates in the past few years have been wonderful Exquisite fabrics and excellent design work. Some old world touches remaining amongst the more modern boutique design.

The restaurant serves world class cuisine. A very friendly and accommodating staff. We shall certainly return!

Room Tip: If you can afford the top floor suite, do it. An exquisite view of the castle, indoor and outdoor jacuzzi tubs. The stay of a lifetime!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple