“Theatre old and tired”
Review of Colossus Langley

Colossus Langley
Ranked #2 of 13 Fun & Games in Langley
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went to a movie in the IMAX theatre. Actual screen and sound quality were good, but the whole place from the second we walked in, felt run down and tired. The lobby area and seating around the food venues was filthy, garbage overflowing. The 3D glasses were chipped and in disrepair. The young lady who took our tickets barely acknowledged our presence and the theatre was so dark we needed a flashlight to find our seats - and that was 25 minutes before the show started. This place needs some TLC.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"landmark"
"concessions"

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Went with a friend to see the movie on Tuesday (cheap night). Theater was very busy but staff worked hard to get everyone through the ticket lineups and then the concession.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Food : Quality -1/10 *excludes popcorn
Food Service Staff: 3/10
Value: 1/10

Took the family for a light dinner and a movie. There is a little place run by the Cineplex called Outtakes. It looked inviting a big bright order board with Nacho, Putine, Pulled Port sandwiches, Chicken burgers. Prices are high which is to be expected but the orde rboard looked good.

Keep in mind I am a chef and perhaps have a bit higher awareness and perhaps a more critical eye than the average Joe. But you judge for yourself...

We ordered 2 bacon cheese hot dogs 6.99 each and a chili nachos $8.49. We were 2nd in line with 1 staff taking orders and 4 staff in back. We order quickly and waited,,,,,,, With no one behind us in line. the till guy left to assist with the order. He put up the nachos in less than 1 minute, then they got confused and started finished the order for the people in front of us ,*this all took 4 minutes. The people in front had 2 putine, 1 hotdog with bacon, and 1 pulled pork sandwich. There were now 5 people working on this order and it took 3 more minutes before they got to finish ours. The hot dogs were in a heat box and wrapped in foil. They unwrapped them, put them in cardboard hot dog sleeves then took grated cheddar cheese tossed no more than 20 grams on each and 2 strips of bacon. The bacon got hand torn it to different sized pieces on the top. Then it was smothered in a lot BBQ sauce, before I could say stop. it was too late. So I informed them that I order the cheddar bacon not the BBQ ones, So they went through the process again. Were now going on 10 minutes that my nachos had bee sitting there, What I witnessed was confusion and no leadership at all I did not appear that they were trainees just untrained.

The nachos on the menu board showed 150 to 200 prams of nacho chips stacked high with chili and melted cheddar cheese over flowing off a plate * see photo* What I got was a large 50s style french fry tray with less that 50 maybe 70 grams chips with processed cheese sauce, Guac and sour cream. The tray looked 1/2 empty. I mentioned that to the manager and she agreed and said she would give me more but there not supposed to. She mentioned that everything was weighed. I woudl have gotten 40% more if they were the standard movie nachos you know the ones in the black tray and cheese sauce w/ salsa.

Well I took the dogs and the nachos into our seats and the movie started. My wife took 1 bit and was disgusted , not only was the dog it just warm but the bun was so dry it split and hot dog was so old it was tough to nite into and the cheese was cold, cold cold, she ate the bacon crumbs. now My daughter was better the dog was hot and moist the buns was what I would expect but again even she said dad the cheese is cold.

I was frustrated , and hungry and my wife was unhappy and hungry, I went and got her a buttered popcorn and all was well. By the time I got to my nachos they were cold and soggy but I ate them anyways cause I was hungry,

I had had it dealing with the low quality and poorly trained staff, though I cant blame them it was how they were trained, I did not try to take them back I just wanted to enjoy the rest of the movie , which we all did.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love watching movies here. Very helpful and friendly staff! The seats are comfortable and the popcorn is the BEST!