“Intimate dinner with good friends”
Review of Senns. Restaurant

Senns. Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 733 Restaurants in Salzburg
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

An excellent restaurant in a groovy industrial setting. Absolutely worth its 2 stars. The octopus was pure magic. Very good service, appreciative of all our wishes.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

There is only one menu and you are free to choose how many courses you wish to have (4-8). In case you are vegetarian or have any intolerances you should definitely tell them in advance. To me the atmosphere is not really comfortable. The tables are too large to have an intimate conversation and they are a bit of too close to each other. Staff is really friendly and the food is delicious (however quite expensive). We both had six courses and to be honest we were still hungry afterwards (after six courses in the Hangar I was full)

1  Thank SiMa1123
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Fantastic service and excellent creative courses.Outstanding ,friendly,and attentive service. It is necessary to drive or take a taxi as the restaurant is on the edge of town. Well deserving of the two stars. With this quality,the restaurant may soon be rewarded with a third star so go while the prices are not so bad.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Had the four course menu and every dish including the amuse bouche was surprisingly complex and mind blowing. Super enjoyable and highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Went to Salzburg for my brothers wedding, and the day after the sister in law picked this 2 star restaurant to host dinner and we were all very looking forward to this. Before I get into the details, here is the bottom line of my review -- great food and decor but bad service.

In all fairness, the food was excellent, definitely deserves a 2 star in terms of taste, they infused molecular gastronomy concept where some of the dishes didn't taste what they appear like, you will get lots of surprises there and they tasted great. Decor was modern and left you with strong impression. Now the service, service was bad, very bad. Because we had a quite a big group, so our chairs were sort of against one another so there weren't much of space in between. I can understand that it might not be easy for the waitress to reach over to serve or take away the dishes but the waitress was plane rude she would use force to shove over my chair to create gap and reach over for the dishes. I think that is just rude. It didn't happen just once but couple times. I didn't say anything cuz I didn't want to ruin the happy moment with family. Also wine was not filled promptly, a lot of the time we had to ask to be filled and I don't think this should be a 2 stars standard. It took a bit too long from dishes to dishes, we had a 3.5 hr dinner. Maybe some people like it but to me it was a little long.

2 stars represents great food, ambiance and service. I think they deserve the 2 stars in the first 2 categories but definitely not the last. I enjoyed the food but hope they can vastly improve in the service department.

If you like great food, I would recommend but if you also expect great service which you should cuz it's not cheap, then you might want to reevaluate.