“Disappointed ..... needs to change”

Costa Coffee - Spinola Bay
Ranked #8 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Sliema
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Description: Hand-making a cup of coffee is an art. It takes time and skill to perfect. That's why every barista, in every Costa store is professionally trained in the art of coffee making. It's a little thing, but it makes a big difference because it means you'll get a perfect cup of Costa coffee every time.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited late afternoon, coffee was tasteless, server could do with customer service training. Overly priced guessing due to location. Full of free WiFi surfers taken route for most definitely a long day ! No Gluten free options available. Staff advised all gone, when I asked would you have any waiting to go out and be re stocked. I received a grunt followed by a stern NO ! .... I’m certain there would be a selection of other coffee shops along this stretch with happy staff and tasty coffee. I would avoid here unless it’s for the free WIFI..

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Went here, because I fancied a "good" latte. Shouldn't have bothered. Overpriced (even for Costa standards) and inefficient staff and the latte was luke-warm. It does have seating up-stairs (indoors) which has a nice view over Spinola Bay, and outside seating to the front which is close to the main road. None of the toilets was working when we were there in mid-February.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a coffee this afternoon. Drinks and cake were fine, but the place was filled with people just using the wi-fi. Not sure that all of them had even bothered with the pretence of sitting with a coffee, so nearly every table had just one person with a laptop. Feel the management should be a little less accommodating to this kind of useage.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Visited here this week one evening at around 9.20pm (Costa Coffee Spinola Bay closes at 10pm) - and ordered a hot chocolate and a tea. We meant to have them seated there at the place, but we were never asked to specify whether they are for takeaway or not - and the barista prepared them in takeaway cups. Fine, maybe it was my fault I didn't specify - and didn't say anything.

The tea takeaway cup was filled nearly to the brim with hot water with barely any space for milk. I asked the barista for milk (which he then added) and a teaspoon so that I could fish the teabag out before closing it with the takeaway lid. He didn't understand why I needed a teaspoon so I explained I needed it to remove the teabag and stir the tea after adding the milk - and he handed me a plastic fork.

On our way out, I placed the cups on the table outside to arrange the lids, and I was immediately told by the other barista not to put anything on the table as they were putting them away.

Three comments:
1- If the place closes at 10pm, and it is 9.20pm, I understand you would not like to have no cutlery or dishes to clean near closing time -- but at least do ask your customers whether it is meant for takeaway or dining in, or at least say you will be serving them as takeaway.

2- That said, not wanting to clean any cutlery close to closing time DOES NOT justify handing a customer a plastic fork (!) to stir their tea and remove the teabag.

3 - Service with a smile, not a snap. If the shop closes at 10pm, no need to shoo customers away.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

went to costas, had cold tea, cold croissant, no marmalade or butter available. in the end just left it, the girl who was serving was on her own and it was heaving poor girl was exhausted. the tea pot was half full so I had to ask for a top up but it was still just warm.