“Overall great experience”
Review of Latini Wine & Dine

Latini Wine & Dine
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Xaghra
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Made a reservation for 8:30. Small place with an amazing location in the local town square. Prices were reasonable. The menu was large and we went with the specials - chicken breast topped with tomato, mozzarella, basil and Sea bass stuffed with prawn. The chocolate cheesecake dessert was phenomenal. As long as you aren’t in a rush and wont get overwhelmed by the menu, recommend this place if you are on Gozo and want to get out of the bigger towns.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food here is excellent. My partner had the sea bass special which tasted divine. I had a pasta dish which was equally as good. I pays to book in advance at this place gets very busy

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Latini is right in the beautiful square in Xaghra with pavement tables where you can enjoy the lively atmosphere and magnificent views of the church. It is busy and excellent at all times of the day. We have dined here in the past and had a superb meal. On this occasion I was here in the morning enjoying the late summer air, good service and bustling atmosphere of the square. Reservations are essential for dinner as the place has an excellent reputation and is always busy.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The Latini is really one of a kind.
During my stay in Gozo iwas eating there two times and both times really blew my mind.
The service is just magnificent, after you got seated a waiter is coming to you and tell you the actuals specials that are not on the menu.
I had on my first and second visit asparagus on toast with a pecorino cheese sauce as starter and for me it was just magical!
For main dish I had on my first visit salmon with a mandarin sauce and scampi and on my second probably the best Frutti Di Mare ever.
For dessert I had on my first visit a Panna cottage with strawberry topping and on the second a (warm) chocolate walnut brownie with a Vanille ice scoop on top.
The prices are really moderate and for the quality they deliver a true bargain.
The service is one of a kind.
You will here get treated and welcomed like nowhere else.
It will start with some slices bread with butter and a olive and tomate paste.
After that you will get the starter you probably chose.
After the starter there will follow a small lemon sorbet on the house.
Then you will get that main dish.
After the main dish you will get a dessert menu offer if you want a dessert.
And for the goodbye there is a small liqueur on the house, I choose the limoncello.
Beside that it is the perfect place for wine livers.
If I had to rate it it would be a impossible 10 out of 5.
Sadly I can just give.the full count of 5 stars and I am already thinking about when I will get back to Gozo and enjoy the Latini the apparently best restaurant I ever visited.
I fell in love with the Latini and I really hope you will do it too.

Cheers!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Booking is a must, even though we dined very late 10pm the meal we ordered 2asvery nice and tasteful. The service was great, as a late dinner they gave us a complimentary small soup serving. This was a very nice gesture to compliment the evening. This restaurant was recommended by a local and it was a great selection. In saying that several other restaurants nearby were also recommended by patrons out in the street. They all looked good to dine....unfortunately I wasn’t there to experience all of them. The location the piazza is the place to enjoy a meal and street entertainment.