“"not so" minus 1”

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Millville
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Featuring authentic homemade Italian dishes served in a cozy, intimate, rustic setting.
Reviewed July 12, 2017

So, Perucci's did have a few tables open when we came in, but we had reservations as did others coming in and the place was full when we had finished dinner. Veal dish was a bit lemony, but the waitress did come over and asked if we wanted something else when we told her about the meal. Waitress was very attentive to our table, as were other staff members. I don't beleive it was the veal,pasta dish that made me sick as the two other people who ate the same exact dish did not get sick. I had a hamburger at lunchtime, which did not agree with me as I rarely eat beef. I do love Perucci's and will go back for dinner. Atmosphere is very intimate and there are many choices on the menu are usually very good. Have eaten here before and will go back!!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I don't like to leave bad reviews. But, a group of us went to Perucci's for a couple of celebrations. I noticed there were many empty tables, which is unusual for a resort area. The last time my husband and I were here was 9 years ago. Now I know why. Several of us ordered a veal dish, one ordered pasta, one shrimp. The veal dish was like sucking lemons. Terrible. The waitress ignored our comments. I'm sure the owner overheard our comments, as he was sitting behind our table, and ignored us too. We should of sent the veal dishes back, but we were starving. We didn't finish the plates. The pasta dish made our friend sick. We are wine drinkers and found it to be on the expensive side. The pros.. salads were good. The shrimp dish was ok. We won't return.

1  Thank BeachMom001
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Arrived at the restaurant without a reservation and was seated quickly outside. I was excited to try Perucci's due to the good reviews. Unfortunately, all of our party of 5 were disappointed with the dining experience. I ordered the special salad with watermelon, burrata and heirloom tomatoes. The heirloom tomatoes were tiny as was the watermelon! Very disappointing and burrata was tasteless. Three of us ordered the eggplant and 2 ordered lasagna. The eggplant was served as 3 pieces of deep fried eggplant pula with pasta sauce. Yuk!

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

My first review on Trip Advisor (I'm old and was encouraged by my kids to join). I eat out quite a bit and was excited to try this establishment as it always seems to be busy. Finally made it in, and loved it!!! Tracey was fantastic as she suggested several tempting entrees, but the mood soon diminished as the owner (in a baseball cap) sat down with his wife (I dare assume),whom did not make eye contact with us as we exited and thanked them for a wonderful experience; I left feeling I should feel privileged to be in their presence. Living in a small town, words travel fast. Not sure I'll frequent this establishment again. Food and service were great, but not worth the "entitlement" that the owners make you feel.

2  Thank grandpopjimmy
peruccis35507, Owner at Perucci's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear grandpopjimmy,
First I would like to thank you for dining at perucci's and the compliments on the food and your server. I sincerely apologize for not making you feel welcome. I had spent the evening prior to coming in to eat with my husband with a dear friend helping with funeral arrangements. So I apologize that I was not my usual self. We hope you return and allow us another chance to provide the welcoming experience our guests normally receive.

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at Perruci's. We had the ciopino. It was delicious. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere.
During the week, they have specials! Check it out!

1  Thank Marian M