“Amazing Entree - Ok Pizza”
Review of Caruso

Caruso
Ranked #88 of 555 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$0 - US$90
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Found this place on our first night in Reykjavik. Had the seefood risotto an minestrone soup for entree and the Rahman pizza to share. Price is usual city dining out, our meals plus a beer and wine was ~AUD$150.
The entrees were to die for, the pizza had a hard crust and was a bit oily.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We ate here for dinner. My husband had a lamb dish which he greatly enjoyed. My friend and I had a caprese salad starter and the "pizza sandwich" - we thought the pizza sandwich had too much of a mayo like sauce and wish we had gotten pasta instead but it was still edible. The salad was fresh but a very small starter portion. We did enjoy the food overall.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Booked this restaurant after doing a lot of research on places to eat in town as a treat for me and my partner and based on the great reviews had high expectations, unfortunately was let down. We first ordered the starters (garlic bread and scampi) which were very good however ordered a vegetarian pizza for my main without capers and ended up with them, which can be an honest mistake but when I explained that I didn’t order them and that I am allergic they took away the pizza and basically scraped them off and tried to give me the same pizza. I explained that this wasn’t acceptable due to my allergies and I felt I was reprimanded by the waiter for not telling him about my allergies needless to say I ended up cancelling my main and shared my partners lasagne, which put a dampener on the evening. To top it off when we got the bill the waiter kindly told me he didn’t charge me for the pizza as though I should be grateful even though they made the mistake with the order. It’s a pity as it does seem to be one of the best in town but we must of just caught them on a bad day.

bhmoller b, Manager at Caruso, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

I´m so sorry to hear that, and I totally agree with you, our host should have come to you.
If you are still in Iceland I would like to invite you for dinner .
Very sorry again.
Best regards.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We go probably more often to Carusos than any other restaurant. And here is why!
1. the staff is great - top servicce.
2. the athmosphere is excellent even if it is a bit tight when full.
3. excellen location
4. top quality, not to pricey
5. the food - mamma mia - is soooo good.
If this is not enough - I ask you?
the last time we went was for a birthday celebration, we were four and all were happy with all they got.
rices? Four persons, entré, mains, afters and wine. Lots of money of course but worth it and not an arm and a leg at all.
Thanks Caruso restaurant.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here on our last night in Reykjavík and overall had a pleasant experience. The food is good and the surrounding warm and welcoming but as with all things Icelandic it’s hugely expensive. We had the prawns in garlic to start and for four prawns in a garlic sauce was £20 !!
I had the rack of lamb for main and it was a good size and very tasty.
Can’t fault the food or service but I just can’t understand the hefty prices.
Would recommend but take lots of money