Review Highlights
3 day trip to Northern Iceland

My teenaged son and I just returned from an awesome tour of northern Iceland. The scenery was... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
357amyl
New York City, New York
via mobile
South Coast 2 day tour & Snæfellsnes Peninsula 2 Day tour

Both tours where awesome and I had a great 4 days! Both tour guides did a great job, explaining a... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
MicashP

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from US$289.22
from US$48.59
from US$48.59
from US$39.33
2,816 results
All reviews scuba iceland glacier hike day tour golden circle ice caving northern lights south coast jokulsarlon lagoon dry suit the bus black sand beach dive master gas station lava tube small group super jeep hot chocolate and cookies
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Definitely book a tour of south coast glacier hiking! We have a wonderful experience today. On time pick up, mini bus of 13 people group! And our tour guide Guning( not sure about the spelling) is kind and helpful. I can't tell how much I thank him. When I decided to walk through a waterfall alone( my friend decided not to), I saw my guide, after saying hello, I keep going. I was finding my way and he followed me and used flash light to guide my way. So I successfully saw the wonderful view from the inside of waterfall! So beautiful! Millions thanks! We also learn a lot from him, and know more about global warming and Iceland. Hope we can have more time of this trip! Truly recommend!

1  Thank ashleyxyxy
Reviewed 16 December 2016

My friends and I took the Golden Circle minibus tour on Nov 28, 2016. We loved the group size (small), and our tour guide, Johannes Logason, was wonderful. Kind, funny, friendly, knowledgeable, he made sure that we had an excellent tour. The tour takes you to the typical stops on the Golden Circle. We liked the good interaction with Johannes, given the size of the group, where you can get a more personalized attention.

My only disappointment was that the tour as described in the website included a stop at Efstidalur - Icelandic farm, and we were really looking forward to the ice cream. However, this stop is not offered during the winter months to make sure that there is still sunlight when visiting Thingvellir. I suggest that the website specifies what stops are excluded in the winter tours. I was so ready to have some ice cream made from milk of happy Icelandic cows!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Snorkeling between two continents was not on my bucket list of things to do, but it has been added and checked off. Thanks to Scuba Iceland for making this first time snorkeling adventure one that I will never forget. From the moment we were picked up at our hotel to the time we got in the water I had no clue what to expect. But every step of the way we were instructed by our very experienced guides as to what to do, from getting our drysuits on (which was a hilarious adventure on its own) to swimming the Silfra fissure. I quickly forgot how nervous I was as a first time snorkeler when it was my turn to get in the water, partly because of the shock of the cold water (only felt it on my face and hands though) but mostly because of the amazing views of the bottom, yes, bottom of the ravine! The slight current allowed me to just float and enjoy the views until we had to swim a little to the end. Our guides were with us the whole time taking pictures and instructing us where to go. They even provided a nice treat of hot chocolate and cookies after. This was truly a great experience and I can't wait to come back and do it again!
Eleanor D.

1  Thank elean0rd2016
Reviewed 15 December 2016

There are many tour operators in Iceland-- not sure how good they are but we loved Extreme. Our guide, Pali, was really knowledgeable. We talked about politics, history and the environment. He was also extremely careful and kept us on time. The tour did bring us to some home for dinner, which was expensive and not very good, but we got to see th Northern Lights!

1  Thank Tanvi N
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Magnus did a great job of timing the overnight trip, it can be challenging to chase the sun in the winter months. Despite this we were still able to see all the sights! My advice is to pack some snacks so you can have a picnic in Vik instead of going inside and loosing the view of the beach.

If you're going in the winter months and planning on driving the Golden Circle it's totally worth seeing Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss on this trip. Chances are you'll run out of daylight if you try to see all the Golden Circle sights in one day.

Magnus is also an amazing DJ, 10/10 song selections.