“The last supper we had in Iceland which left a great impression ”
Review of Reykjavik Kitchen

Reykjavik Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 525 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Family owned and run restaurant in the heart of Reykjavík. Cosy and relaxed atmosphere with traditional Icelandic quality food and personal service.
Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

The food was excellent as well as its presentation. The cocktails were great and the ambience and the decor gives a warm feeling of a fine dining restaurant. It is noticeable that it is a family restaurant and although our waiter, Daniel, said he was not part of the family, he certainly gave us excellent service as if he is a member of the family.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (715)

Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

We got lucky and got a table without prior reservation. We ordered different Lamm dishes, which all were very delicious!

Reviewed 26 August 2021

Went here for our last night's dinner at Iceland. Choose the 3 course meal. Even though the listing on the menu for 3 course was limited, they accepted our request to change dishes. The food was delicious. The seafood soup and ceviche was the best I have ever had. Great service as well.

Reviewed 25 August 2021

Staff were friendly on arrival locating me to my table and my server was also brilliant, in which he firstly recommended a list of cocktails, I went for the Icelandic gin one as it’s something I’ve never tried before and it was a good one.

As I was finding it hard to pick something from the menu, the server told me his personal favourites with the Icelandic Lamb being the one I went for.

This was really brilliant and well worth the recommendation. Shame I am not staying for longer, as I would have returned later during my trip and tried a different cocktail and a different dish!.

Thanks again!.

1  Thank TravelBugVictim1980
Reviewed 25 August 2021

We had a superb first dinner in Iceland at Reykjavik Kitchen! Wonderful staff, super friendly and helpful.
Lamb fillet was perfect! Cod and vegetables also! Fish soup for the children who ate all!
Nice modern atmosphere. Music a tad too loud.