Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Eero I
Helsinki, Finland

Cosy little hotel near the center

Review of Cumulus Pinja
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 31, 2015
Hotel Pinja is located close to the Tammerkoski rapids and near the commercial center of Tampere, in a quiet area. The building is an old house in jugend-style, nicely renovated but the rooms are rather small. Due to the room size, there is only one big chair, the minibar needs to be ordered separately.

The important things are fine: the beds are comfortable, the room is quiet, the bath spotless and equipped with real glasses for the toothbrush, no plastic here.

The hotel restaurant closes early, at 10 pm, but the main street restaurants are barely a 10 min walk away. Reception personnel was attentive and friendly, there is a garage if you arrive by car.
Date of stay: January 2015
Room Tip: Rooms towards the side-street are most quiet.
Trip type: Traveled with friends
    ₱5,145
2.0 km from Cumulus Pinja
Free parking
View more hotels in Tampere
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2015

Pinja has its pros and cons. It is a nice old building with narrow corridors, doors, adjoining rooms rather than big open spaces - it clearly has some charming character. On the other hand many spaces are a bit dark and uninviting. Economy rooms are quite small but sufficient and well enough equipped if you are not planning to spend a lot of time in your room. Rooms are fairly clean, but some desperately need renovation as they look worn out and murky. On the other hand some rooms, especially the ones facing the courtyard, are rather nice and well designed.

Breakfast area is almost tiny and probably crowded if you are there at the peak hour. I don't have complaints about the breakfast itself but there is no variation - same chain hotel menu every time.

Service is usually friendly, but reception can get crowded at times. The hotel is rather well located, a few blocks away from the main street. Wifi was working fine.

I've stayed in Pinja several times because their rates are more affordable than many other hotels in the city. Still I'm not 100% if I get my money's worth every time.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hote-Cumulus-TAMPERE, Manager On Duty at Cumulus Pinja, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2015

Dear customer,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We make remark for things that has to improve for more comfortable stay at our hotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2014

Rooms were really nice. No complaints. Reception seemed quite narrow and lacked space. Staff was friendly. Parking garage barely fitted my car. It was even harder to get out from there. Breakfast, however, was very enjoyable and tasty.

Room tip: Second floor at the time felt like a good choice.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed here for three nights on my last stop of my months holiday. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast offered a great spread for all tastes. The hotel is located close to the railway and bus stations and room was modern, clean and tidy. My room also faced a courtyard and this allowed for a great nights sleep. There is a sauna that guests can use at certain times. I made the most of this coming from a place that does not have saunas. I was catching a bus from Tampere to Helsinki Airport for my long flight home leaving at 11.40pm. The staff suggested I keep my room as long as I needed it. I left after 3.00 pm and this allowed me to have one last shower and to sort my bag and clothes out without having to do this in the hotel lobby or the airport. It's the little things that make a difference. Would defintely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The location near Komediateatteri was perfect but the hotel was quite retro and scruffy. A minibar was empty. The hotel restaurant was average (we had a lunch there) but the breakfast was really restricted. No big disappointments (or maybe the breakfast was a disappointment...) but either nothing special to meet our expectations. I'd say that Pinja was a little bit below average of hotels in Finland.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Worst hotel I have ever been in. There was (yes, really!) some human waste marks in toilet walls. Rude receptionist claimed that the room is clean and refused to do anything else. I went to another hotel.

Huoneen vessan seinissä ihmispaskatahroja. Respa kieltäytyy huoneen vaihtamisesta tai siivouksen järjestämisestä. Ei koskaaan mihinkään Cumulukseen.

Room tip: Choose another hotel.
Date of stay: October 2013