All reviews monte rosa bar grill rooms are small recommend this hotel nice hotel central location breakfast buffet short stay standard room nice breakfast very pleasant stay restaurants and bars bus stop midnight sun santa claus village bull reindeer
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Hotel is one of many in this new town near Santa village Rooms en suite quite basic and small but purpose built to house tourists for on or two nights Need to use fan as it is very warm in June Midnight sun can be viewed from one of bridges nearby. Food ok

Room tip: Expect no frills and you will be satisfied here rooms small but adequate for a night or two
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

We were told that the further north you travel in Finland the less attractive the hotel accommodation. City Hotel proved to be comfortable and the first in this country to provide facilities to open up luggage! On the down side the access to the tiny shower was quite limited and water engulfed the whole bathroom floor. The breakfast catered for all tastes although the start time is a little late for those wanting to get out early. The English speaking tv stations were not operational but that may not be the hotel's fault. Like all hotels in this country the room was far too hot!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham J
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel with excellent quality amenities and friendly staff. The hotel is located just in front of market. Staff is very focused, they explained about each possibility to cover all destinations. All amenities in room were of high quality.
Highly recommended for all visitors.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Nipun S
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in a great spot - 24 hour supermarket across the road and walking distance to shops, cafes etc.
the staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was very good and the breakfasts were fine, catering for gluten free etc. they have washing machines and dryers upstairs and you can do both for 5 euros.
The rooms are fairly small but adequate and the shower, though small, was nice and hot.
We were there in cooler weather but there's no aircon so I'm not sure how it would be in mid summer.
We stayed the night that Finland beat Russia in the ice hockey so they kindly gave us free earplugs!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank NSWChris
Reviewed 30 April 2016

Neutral/Random Notes:
- The price i paid from the airport to the hotel was 20 Euro's via Taxi
- Took the bus to the airport for 7 Euro's. Picks you up right in front of the hotel an hour before each flight. Front Desk would have more info.
- The reindeer stuffed animal i found on my bed was not free (I wish it was though)
- The bar downstairs has this killer amazing but fiery hot sauce. You've been warned! It made me tear up

Positives:
- Staff is amazing! Always smiling and always willing to help in any way possible! My first impression of Rovaniemi was positive because of them.

- Room was excellent (Aside two minor flaws which i'll put in the negatives). Bed was as comfortable as it could get and the pillows sealed the deal. Bathroom was standard. Both the room and Bathroom were spacious enough

- Never had any issues with the wifi (which is a must for me when traveling)

- Centrally located in the town of Rovaniemi! Although the Town is small, the hotel was right in the center of everything!

Negatives:
- I didn't like the fact that my room had no peephole. Not knowing who is knocking on my door unless I opened it wasn't too big of an issue. It is a big security issue to some people however.

- Not a fan of having no carpet in the rooms. Because i did plenty of walking, my floors would get dirty frequently and the bottom of my feet would get dirty very fast.

Other than that, I couldn't have asked for a better place while visiting the small lovely town of Rovaniemi! I would gladly come back and stay here if I ever returned!

Date of stay: April 2016