All reviews sea view kronborg castle new wing lovely hotel junior suite classic hotel an option beach hotel amazing location business trip plenty of choice visited this hotel enjoyed every minute newer rooms easy walk old charm balcony door
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night with work. A big, beatiful room with a doublebed, bedsofa and terrass om the sixth floor. A room with a wiew to the ocean! Didn't try the spa, but others told it was nice. A short walk from town. Helpful personal. The breakfast, lunch and dinner was "to die for"!! There is a casino right by the hotel aswell.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
JosefineL247, Gæsteansvarlig at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ThereseG128,

Thank you very much for providing us with your review.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique location, and of course that you enjoyed the food and service provided from our staff. I will make sure to pass on your kind feedback.

We hope to welcome you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My friend and I stayed only one night here and wished we had longer. The seaside setting was wonderful! Outdoor chairs are provided so you can sit and watch the water craft go to and fro. There is also easy beach access for swimming right out the back doors. The breakfast spread was AMAZING! They had best breakfast buffet selections we had ever seen. We ate dinner in the bar area which was also very good.
We had an ample size room on the second floor. No air conditioning, but the windows opened so the room cooled off in the evening (we were there on the hottest day in history and by nightfall the room was comfortable). I definitely will return for a longer stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Dear KellyZ345,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique location, as well as our breakfast selection and dinner in the bar. I will make sure to share your kind feedback with our staff throughout.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

This place is the ultimate place for relaxing. We visited for my birthday and the hotel arranged a birthday flag at the room. We had a junior room and it was the most beautiful room I have ever stayed in. Bathtub in the room, karameju products, lovely balcony with a a view over the ocean and the most comfortable bed. The food was great, and there was something for everyone! The spa area is amazing. There is something for everyone and even though there was a lot of people staying there, you didn't feel like it. Worth every krone!

Room Tip: It is worth upgrading to a junior room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Josefine L, Guest Relations Manager at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear NoshandChat,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am very happy to hear of how you liked one of our junior suites, the food we served and of course our newly renovated spa. I will make sure to pass on your nice feedback to my colleagues.

We sincerely hope that we will get the chance of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I really want to love this hotel. The setting is amazing but on my 3rd business visit they’ve put me in a room that is genuinely the smallest hotel room I’ve stayed in in 20 years. It looks like a hobbit hole...it’s got a step up bed....I feel like a 5 year old. In essence I’m sleeping in a sub divided corridor! Whilst I appreciate you are busy (good on you) rooms around 276 are a joke! I’m traveling with someone who is 6 ft 4 who is 5 inches too big for his bed - GET SERIOUS GUYS! You have real potential with the setting, new restaurant so stop making fools of yourselves with stupidly sized rooms. You are one thing of the other - good/different or crap/average - take a bloody decision!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Daveontour30
Josefine L, Gæsteansvarlig at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Daveontour30,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback after your stay at Marienlyst Strandhotel. Your feedback is appreciated, as we always strive to improve the guest experience as well as our facilities and services.

The room you booked is one of our small rooms and the room category is made for people who only need the most necessary. With the specially designed bed and in our beach and beach hotel style we have tried to make it cosy and we are sorry that it did not exceed your expectations.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future, perhaps for a stay in one of our larger room categories.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

It was a last minute get away. Location was beautiful and close to everything.

A bad start at the restaurant was saved by management, and a wonderful host, Fanny.

We were 10 minutes late for our dinner booking. The restaurant was not fully booked, but we had to wait to be taken to our table. My husband asked if they were understaffed, at which point the original host started arguing. I had to step in and say, “Are you seriously arguing right now?”

The management stepped in. Reassigned someone to us. The food was beautiful and we went back the second night.

Great wine list.
Fanny and the manager made sure we were happy - and as he said, started rough but we had a long happy evening at the restaurant.

A few recommendations:
We love a good shower - pressure was weak
Need more than two coffee machines at breakfast - which was otherwise very good
Little details like - more than two sachets of coffee in the room. Second day no creamer for that “get-out-of-bed” coffee.

We unfortunately did not try the spa which is meant to be very good. We went exploring in Helsingør instead.

Thank you for an otherwise Great stay.

Rima and Flemming

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Josefine L, Gæsteansvarlig at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Rima and Flemming,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind feedback after your stay at Marienlyst Strandhotel. Your feedback is appreciated, as we always strive to improve the guest experience as well as our facilities and services.

With regards to your welcome in Brasserie 1861, please rest assured that what you experienced are being looked into, since this does not live up to our standards. However, I am very pleased to hear that the situation was resolved, and that you enjoyed your dinner. I will make sure to pass on your positive comments to Fanny and to our F&B Manager.

We will forward your recommendations to the right Department Managers immediately.

We really do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again.