See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Simple, somewhat tired rooms with very little soundproofing. Comfortable beds - overall what one can expect at this price. Very good food, impressively varied dinner menu, and a perfectly passable breakfast, and very pleasant and helpful staff. An OK place to spend the night.

Room tip: Not that much road noise even when facing that way
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This KRO (roadside guesthouse or motel) is located in a tiny village and here is really not much to see or do. But there are always short distances in Denmark, so not to worry! The pub is very cosy and authentic, we did not have dinner here so I can't rate that one. Breakfast was ordinary continental - boiled eggs, coldcuts, cheese and marmelade. Fresh rolls and cereals.
Room as expected, slighly damp and with a musty smell, just like many British B&Bs and guesthouses I've been to during the past years. The bed was comfy, the TV worked well, and the bathroom (Oh dear, this was a genuine retro piece of the 70ties) had really all you need for a short stay.
All in all, a good place for a short stay, reasonably priced too.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

This isn't a place for youngsters looking for an exciting time, it's quite a sedate location out in the country, pretty peaceful where it is.

I arrived late to find the place locked up but a note on the front pegboard addressed to me, attached to a key and a map indicating where my room was - they're a series of detached chalets (like a motel) out the back. The taxi driver was good enough to hang around (using his headlamps to show me the way) until I could collapse in exhausted in my room.

There's something very 70s about its decor, a bit antiquated with its fixtures and fittings with a retro feel, but some nice views out over the fields during the sunsets and misty sunrises. The main building is a stone-floor affair with a small room that serves as a bar but was terribly smoky so I never drank there, instead opting for meals in the dining area.

It was quite busy in the evenings - they opened the back room to accommodate me and that night's stew was pretty comprehensive and large, with a side salad and potatoes to accompany it. The second night I tried the veal schnitzel, again pretty big along with a mountain of peas, a pile of fried potatoes and a jug of wonderful gravy - I could have easily fed three people with the portion size!

Breakfast was the usual Danish continental affair: bread, cheese, eggs, cold plated meats, cereal, yoghurt, tea/coffee but was sufficient for the morning.

Wifi worked okay in the main area and far out in my room, but I had problems getting a MacBook connected (tablet and phone both worked fine) so there could be some annoying compatibility issues.

I was also annoyed they applied a credit charge upon checkout; I recall somewhere in their room they mentioned about absorbing this cost and couldn't work out how it was levied (the woman handling the checkout lacked the time to explain things, seemed in a hurry to get on to do things).

An odd place to stay, but I wouldn't have any issues if I was put up there again.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Expensive, the first room showed had been dirty, the bathroom. The female receptionist was smoking inside the office with open doors. So the breakfast room had an awful air, impossible. Horror....a bad start in the day. 700 dk, nearly 100 € for a small room like an American motel. Stay away.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nikocc
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com