All reviews room was clean nice location within easy walking distance nice staff nice stay city centre nice breakfast waterfront gym university fjord denmark
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Good breakfast, with a lot of food to choose between. You can also enjoy a drink in the bar....the hotel have good beds, and the room was Clean.
This hotel is located in the middle of aalborg centrum, near by the ocean.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AalborgMarketing, Gæsteansvarlig at First Hotel Aalborg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Nina,

I look forward to wish you welcome back to First Hotel Aalborg.

Best regards,

Christina
Marketing assistant

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The toilet was full of scale which looked disgusting and made me question their cleaning frequency. Parking was not easy as they don't have their own parking place, just can register you at the street parking company if there's any place left around the hotel. The cleaning lady started banging the door with the hoover at 8.30, I asked her to stop and she didn't. If checkout is at 12, why is it so important to vacuum the corridor that early? She should have cleaned the toilets instead! In the morning the smell of fried bacon could be felt on the 4th floor. Breakfast was nice though. The furniture in the breakfast room looked modern and stylish but was uncomfortable. All in all, it was disappointing.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Szilvi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at First Hotel Aalborg. I am sorry that the room/ and amenities did not fully live up to your expectations and that parking was a hassel. We do unfortunately not own the parking spots around the hotel, so other people are allowed to use them as well. In regards to the cleaning, I am very sorry you were woken up by it. We do not normally vacuum the hallways this early, so I will make a note to housekeeping.

I do hope you enjoyed your stay in Aalborg after all.

Best regards
Christina, Marketing assistant

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I arrived after a long haul flight in Economy Class from Canberra in Australia and stayed for 6 nights. The highlight of the hotel for me was the bed - it was so comfortable I slept right through the first night and wasn't bothered by jetlag again for the rest of my stay. The room was clean and well laid out, I stayed in the Danish summer and had the room window open all the time and it was very comfortable. The breakfast was great, with a lot of variety on offer. There are plenty of eating options for lunch and dinner within easy walking distance and a supermarket a block away. If you like a spacious shower or lots of power points this wouldn't be the place for you - not things that bothered me personally but worth a mention. Wifi was reliable and easy to connect to.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at First Hotel Aalborg. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our breakfast buffet was to your liking. Also very pleased to hear that after your long flight from Australia (p.s. I am going to Australia in Januar, and could not be more excited!) was able to relax in a comfy bed.

I look forward to wish you welcome back to First Hotel Aalborg.

Best regards,

Christina Marketing assistant

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Nice area and nothing wrong with the hotel in general. AC in the room would be nice when there is +27 C outside, and yes this can be the case even in Denmark. Staff was friendly and all things were handled smoothly. Parking is expensive and maybe the indoor look is not the most trustworthy, but dedinatelly not a bad place in total.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
AalborgMarketing, Gæsteansvarlig at First Hotel Aalborg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at First Hotel Aalborg. I am sorry that the room/ and amenities did not fully live up to your expectations, even though we are very pleased by the lovely warm weather we are currently having, I do apologize that we are not able to keep the room cool.

I do hope you enjoyed your stay in Aalborg after all. I hope we get to welcome you back another time.

Best regards Christina, Marketing assistant

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I have to give this hotel a five star rating!

The room was very comfortable although I thought the shower could have been a little bigger (I am 6 ft 4 ins tall). Even though the rooms were close to the street there was hardly any noise coming from the traffic, I practically didn't even remember the road was nearby.

The breakfast was awesome and lots of variety to choose from including a wide selection of cereals and fruits.

The staff were very pleasant, helpful and informative. They were very knowledgeable of the town and was able to advise on great restaurants and the directions to get there.

Overall, my stay was pleasant and I would definitely stay there again

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
AalborgMarketing, Gæsteansvarlig at First Hotel Aalborg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Gregory,

Thank you so much for taking the time to evaluate your stay with us at First Hotel Aalborg- We really appreciate that. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our lovely staff was able to help you with great suggestions. I will pass on the kind words to them.
I hope we get to welcome you back some other time, and wish you a wonderful day.

Best regards