All reviews center town historical museum nice hotel excellent breakfast buffet large balcony comfortable rooms on foot pleasant stay excellent choice bus station the air conditioning enjoyed my stay central location ferry port rental car sea view top floor
Reviewed 28 October 2018

While you can coordinate with the hotel to get a taxi from the airport to it, it was very easy and fast to walk outside the door and walk up to the taxi stand and grab a taxi directly to it. It only took 10-15 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel. Sorry, I thought I wrote down the cost of the taxi but I cannot find. I think it was around 15 euros.
I was very pleased with this hotel. I personally like hotels that are a couple of minutes walk away from the main section so there is peace and quiet. This hotel fits the bill but it is still in a very safe area which was important for me since I was a single female traveling by myself. I never at any point felt unsafe. It is about a block and a half away from a bunch of restaurants with a great view of the Aegean (and many of them have great food!) and only a couple of blocks from the main pedestrian shopping street with many more restaurants. Heraklion is so easy to walk around and you can get every where on foot in a very short time. The Archaeological Museum is about 10 minutes away.
The hotel was clean. The staff was very friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The room was a nice size with a small balcony with a table and chairs. My room did not have a view. It also had a small fridge and safe. The bathroom had very good lighting and a large stand shower (also very clean).
Breakfast is served in a room next to the front desk. They have indoor and outdoor (available when the weather is nice, which I highly recommend eating here if you have the opportunity) seating. They have lots to choose from: eggs, meats, veggies, pastries, fruit, water, tea, juice, coffee, etc.
If I ever make it back here, I would stay here in a heartbeat!

Room tip: I requested a quiet room
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Mary C, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Atrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for spending your holiday at the Atrion Hotel and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback and comments, helping us in this way to improve our services.
Our team is happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that our staff was very friendly & helpful.
We are glad to hear that you found our rooms well equipped and that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I was so pleased when my friend and I arrived at the hotel. The taxi driver from the airport knew exactly where it was and it was only a 10-15 minute ride away.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly hotel clerk who immediately checked us into our room. The elevator was large enough for the two of us to board with all of our luggage. When we got up to the 4th floor, our room door was open - unfortunately, it wasn't quite ready yet as the hotel staff was still cleaning it. Nevertheless, we were still welcomed in and told we could hang out on the balcony while she finished cleaning the room, which is exactly what we did. Housekeeping took about 10 minutes to finish cleaning the room and then we were left by ourselves.

The room was huge by our standards (we had just come from a very tiny room in Rome). There were two twin beds next to each other with very soft and comfortable mattresses and duvets. The air conditioning worked well and the balcony was just a great added bonus (the view did leave something to be desired but I loved the fresh air!). Our bathroom was a good size but our shower was a bit on the small side and the door didn't close really well so unfortunately, it would always leak water.

The breakfast was very generous and had a good variety of food items to choose from. You had an assortment of beverages to choose from as well, including greek coffee (loved it!), brewed coffee, water, and fresh juice. I had no complaints about the food. There was also plenty of seating in the restaurant area and we never had to wait for a table. If you're not up for a breakfast at the hotel, you can walk about 5-10 minutes from the hotel and find a bunch of restaurants.

There is a luggage storage area if you need it and the desk has 24 hour check in from what I understand. I was extremely happy with this hotel and would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a comfortable and centrally located place to stay in Heraklion. I'm looking forward to returning in the future!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a large balcony - the fresh air is fantastic in the mornings!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I stayed one night. The minute I stepped in, I couldn't wait to leave. It is dull and depressing. This hotel should be no more than 2 stars. It is nothing like the photos. It is not even close to the sea or has sea view, and the rooms are in bad shape comparing to the photos on the website. It is old and needs major renovation; stains all over the carpets, pillows and towels, and old furniture. I posted photos of the real situation. The breakfast area is too small that you have to walk in between the tables and people all the time. Breakfast is below average. The receptionist was extremely rude. I booked double room with double bed. She claimed that the hotel upgraded me to Junior suit. It was nothing like a suit. Just a room with 2 small attached beds and a sofa, with a small door to a narrow balcony overlooking a parking lot. I asked her to give me the room that I booked with double bed. She said they don't have, and the cleaner left so they could not prepare a room for me. She added that I should appreciate that they were kind to upgrade me! Where to start from!! Rude, lying, unprofessional, arrogant,...
After long argument, she gave me the type of room that I booked, and it was ready! The most wasted 100 EUR. NEVER AGAIN and I don't advise anyone to stay there.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Mary C, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Atrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Madam,
Thank you for staying in our Atrion hotel.
We kindly inform yu that our rooms are the same as our photos in the different website.
After viewing the photos you posted we spoke with the different department in order to fix all the things you mention and we thank you because your review helped us to improve ourselves.
During your stay our hotel was fully booked and our restaurant was full of guest taking their breakfast as it happens in other hotels in the same period. Also our breakfast is plenty of different foods to be able to fulfill the tastes of our guests.
Your reservation was for a standard double room without any request for double bed. We make a free upgrade to a junior suite with two twin beds and a couch. Unfortunately our hotel is a city hotel with city view for the most of our rooms and we have some superior rooms with side sea view.
Our colleague told you the truth we don't have a room available but after a cancellation from a group arriving the same day we had a single room available but we prefer to gave you the junior suite. After that our colleague gave you the room.
We hope to see you again in our Atrion hotel.
We remain at your disposal.
Best regards.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We have been visiting this hotel for several years, and it is beatyful with flowers, olive tress and palms. The rooms are newly renorvated and the pool area is great. But what makes this hotel so great, are the staff. They are so nice and helpful-both at reception, at the poolbar and the cleening staff. We can really recommend this place!

Marianne Gardersøe Bjørn.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Madam,
Thank you for the review but unfortunately this is for another hotel Atrion.
We are located in Heraklion and there is another hotel with the same name in Agia Marina.
We will tell them about the nice review.
We remain at your disposal.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 October 2018

What a great location. Two blocks from the waterfront and four blocks from the city center. The pedestrian zone beings in two blocks. Loads of restaurants near by. Excellent breakfast in the hotel restaurant which also serves afternoon coffee and dinner. Comfy beds with nice bathroom and balcony (no view). Fourth floor with elevator big enough for two people with bags. They gave us extra towels for swimming which we took to the beach. The provided parking for our rental car at six euros per night.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mary C, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Atrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018