1,882 results
All reviews hadrian's arch an executive suite perfect location small kitchenette separate bedroom within walking distance the hotel staff plaka district quiet street historical sites room was spacious new acropolis museum restaurants and shops temple of olympian zeus wonderful hotel our honeymoon hotel is located
Reviewed 27 January 2019

The hotel is perfectly situated in a Plaka, has clean modern rooms, well trained and friendly staff, a breakfast buffet, room service menu, well-insulated Windows thst do not allow the Plaka noise to come in, and excellent heating/air conditioning.

Room tip: Make sure the shower doors are regulated to close, so as not to allow water to escape onto the bathroom floor.
Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sunshine19235030083
Reviewed 8 January 2019

I'll definetly come back to stay here. It has all the good things you may want from a Small Hotel - The rooms are Big (they call them suites - and there are 2 kind - the Big and the Bigger) and Spacy, well equiped and nicely cleaned daily, the Location is great - at the edge of Plaka and 10 minute walk from most of the attractions, and 5 minutes from Santagma square (where you can have a Bus to airport, the Metro), it looks attractive and best of all - the service is Great, from everyone (but I want to mentioned especially Vasily - she was fantastic and made our stay in Athens much more convinient helping us with information and reservations). This is not a cheap hotel, but worth the price.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 17 December 2018

My husband is an excellent Internet researcher, carefully reading customers’ reviews...and so he found Ava Hotel. Talk about the greatest surprise one can ever have!!! This hotel is in the PERFECT location in Plaka, between the Hadrian Arch and the Acropolis. Most of the tourist attractions that you want to see in Athens are close to the hotel, saving you taxi money. And, as if that were not enough, the rooms are suites, that is, you have a living room, kitchenette with eating counter, a nice and modern bathroom, and a nice and spacious bedroom. (Our suite was an executive suite, 52 sq.mt. The regular rooms are basic suites of 32 sq.mt.) All very pleasant, modern, and clean. I could not believe my eyes when I opened the door to our room.

The hotel is small (called a boutique hotel) and one would never expect it to be so great. But great it was, including the very friendly, informative, and professional staff.

We did not partake of the daily breakfast offered by the hotel for an additional $15/day. Due to its great location, the hotel is surrounded by a myriad of restaurants and eating establishments, a few open as early as 6:00 a.m., and for a lesser price, you can enjoy a great breakfast. Ask the staff for dinner recommendations as Plaka is full of great little restaurants. Also close by are rental car companies.

I will be a returning customer the next time I visit Athens. My husband and I highly recommend it to you.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank NellieB24
Reviewed 11 December 2018

We traveled to Athens in September of this year. Just realized I hadn't left a review for the greatest hotel in Athens!!!

I had found this place, courtesy of Trip Advisor. Since I hadn't been to Athens for about 20 years my references were a little dated.

The first good sign was when we told the driver from the airport the address. His immediate response was, "Great Location!"

That wasn't the half of it!

As we checked in, the lady (Andrea) at the front desk was phenomenal. Couldn't have been nicer..giving us recommendations for a restaurant that evening (which also turned out to be terrific).

The room was very nice, overlooking the street - with a big American flag hanging from it! LOL

Down the street, to the right, you could see the back side of the Acropolis. It, and the view to the left (Hadrian's Arch) were particularly beautiful at night.

The room itself was wonderful. My son accompanied us, so we had a junior suite. Very spacious. Very clean and comfortable. The beds were GREAT. A full kitchen if you wanted to use it. Bathroom was very up to date, clean. Absolutely NOTHING else that I could have asked for (and I travel A LOT! - check out my reviews of NYC hotels!).

At breakfast the next morning, the ladies running the small buffet couldn't have been nicer. I tried to order scrambled eggs in my broken Greek...they giggled, but were very appreciative of my efforts. Everything was delicious (and I have a VERY fussy stomach). The coffee was GREAT!!!

The next morning, the same delightful ladies brought me more scrambled eggs without my saying a word. Just gives you a snipet of the courtesy of this wonderful place.

I would recommend AVA Hotel to anyone, anytime. I've stayed at Four Season's and Ritz Carlton's....I'd take this place over ANY of them!!! I've found my new home in Athens!

The rooms overlooking Lyssikratous have a nice view. The location of the hotel is THE BEST. 10 minutes walk and you are ON the Acropolis. 5 minutes to Plaka. 2 minutes to Hadrian's Arch and Olympian Zeus.

Please keep up the GREAT work.

σας ευχαριστούμε πάρα πολύ!!!!!!!!!!!

Room tip: We had a junior suite...I suppose that helped a little. The rooms overlooking Lyssikratous have a nice view (see photos).
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank deanc706
Reviewed 23 November 2018

We stayed at the AVA for the last 2 nights in Greece. Booked a basic suite but were upgraded to a Grand Suite Fantastic room with everything including the kitchen sink. Separate lounge room, kitchen, very spacious bedroom and large bathroom. Spotless, comfortable and a short walk from shopping and Acropolis. The staff were very professional and friendly and happy to help you with information if needed. This is a boutique hotel that is centrally located in Plaka and a short walk to the Olympic Stadium & Acropolis and across the road from Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Zeus. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

We stayed on Level 3 with a view of the Acropolis. A HUGE balcony with outdoor dining and sitting area. Very little street noise was evident during our stay. The lift is very small (old and quirky but just right for the hotel) but if you are fit the stairs offer an alternative in busy periods.

Breakfast was satisfactory with the food catering for most tastes. There is no restaurant in the hotel but with so many restaurants just outside the hotel there is plenty of choice for lunch & dinner. This is a bustling little area with plenty to see and do and a relatively short walk to the Acropolis, the flea market and the main tourist shopping area. We would stay there again without hesitation.

Room tip: The hotel is generally quiet. Upper floor provide better Acropolis views but no all rooms have this view.
Date of stay: October 2018