“Perfect service with Messinian wine”
Review of Byzantino

Byzantino
Ranked #759 of 2,808 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Byzantino restaurant at the Hilton Athens hotel offers authentic Mediterranean buffets, a la carte specialties, and the richest and most highly-regarded Sunday Brunch in the city (served from 12:30-16:00. Unwind in the elegant steel, modern glass and wood surroundings; experience mouth-watering aromas from the spectacular open kitchen; or choose from an exquisite array of Mediterranean dishes and traditional Greek specialties.Enjoy the richest buffet in town without worrying about the parking! The outside guests of Byzantino restaurant will get free parking while having their lunch or dinner (up to 4 hours). The offer is valid 7 days a week for lunch or dinner (with a minimum consumption of €40 per person) upon availability. Open seven days, 6:30am-1:30am
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

A very good choice for dinner with the best meetor messinian wine. Very good food and service
Very good choice for a romantic dinner

Kostas K, Διευθυντής at Byzantino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Anthi T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review for Byzantino restaurant.
With pleasure we noted that your experience in our property was pleasant. Your positive review has been communicated to the Byzantino restaurant team and was greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Went there expecting very good Vegetarian choices as adverized.Both of us had hard time gulping the food down.Food was not tasty and did not find it interesting.Had breakfast everyday here which was quite nice even though sometimes service could be improved.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback.
We regret to hear that your experience at Byzantino restaurant was not satisfactory. Your comments have been taken into serious consideration and have been communicated to my colleagues.
Hopeful that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and provide you the best possible service.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here on Saturday evening. It was booked through Expedia for about 50 Euros a person ,not including drinks. I had a tasty grilled chicken breast with a zesty sauce and vegetables. My daughter had a lamb chop dish. My wife seafood. The wait service and dinner were all satisfactory. My granddaughter had quite a bit of lamb and food left over so we asked the waiter to pack up the left overs. He bought the maitre di over who summarily said they do not package left overs and left no room for comment or discussion. I thought this totally arrogant. I have eaten in many fine restaurants around the globe and in my native New York and have never encountered such bourgeois arrogance. This policy should be changed immediately. I will not eat at a Hilton restaurant nor stay at one of their hotels in the future.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback.
We regret to hear that your experience at Byzantino restaurant was not satisfactory. Your comments have been taken into consideration and have been communicated to my colleagues.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We sat at the cafeteria for caps and Greek coffee around 11:00, couple of adults, well dressed and behaved with a senior woman, smart and polite. The assortment of small croissants was stale, possibly from the previous day and of low quality at that. The waiter was indifferent to our notice. A Greek coffee brought was incorrect in sweetness, which if fine but the reaction we got for asking for a repeat was right out of a highway truck dive. There were no napkins, a different set of assorted cookies this time was brought to the next table but no offer made to us, to make up for the stale croissants. We asked for them. They were also not meant for humans! To top it all off, we had to wait for 10-20 min for each order to be brought to the table by a seemingly never ending parade of different waiters, while at our arrival there were only 3 tables occupied at the cafeteria!

An unforgettable experience, never to repeat of course!

Kostas K, Διευθυντής at Byzantino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear John C L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback.
We regret to hear that your experience at Byzantino Restaurant was not satisfactory.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Truth be told, I had dinner at Byzantino because I had a room at the Hilton and wasn't in the mood to walk all the way to the Plaka. That evening there were only a handful of other diners, including a group who appeared to be in Athens for business. Outside of the occasional loud laughter, the restaurant wasn't obnoxiously loud and I found myself having a relaxing solo dinner. My food was tasty and the service was impeccable. Would I recommend the restaurant as a first dining option? Not really. Especially if you're not staying at the Hilton. But if you're like me and want something simple and close to your accommodations, Byzantino gets the job done.

Kostas K, Διευθυντής at Byzantino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Appetite4trvl,

We are glad that you were satisfied from our food and service, we look forward to welcome you again in Byzantino.

Kind regards