“Lovely food ”

Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Choeng Mon
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small restaurant.A variety of services and affordable
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We tried many restaurants along the main street but found this to be the best tasting food.... it also had happy hour on cocktails 4 -8pm. Staff were lovely and helpful

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I,m no expert on Thai food but if it’s all this good I’ll be trying it more.

Our real first try of Thai so we stuck with things we had heard of for starters : Satay chicken , duck pancakes and my son had bacon rolled cheese all very tasty
Mains Mild massaman curry for my wife , an adventurous spicy pad Thai for me and crocodile steak for my son.
Mine was quite spicy but after the initial shock the flavours kept coming. My wife stuck to hers as the sweat pouring out of me put her off mine.
We both enjoyed the meal and will definitely try Thai again. My son thought the crocodile tasted like chicken and was not as impressed

Great food, really cheap and again could not fit in a dessert

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We were enticed inside by the happy hour cocktails while we looked for something to eat in the evening. The staff gave us us time to read the menu and choose from the many options, we ordered our cocktails and waited for our food. The food when it arrived was nice and plentiful, we didn't opted for further cocktails but opted for a couple bottles of cold Chang. Recommend to anyone who likes the odd cocktail and some nice Thai food.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

After reading some of the recent positive reviews we decided on Krua Thai as we were in the area after a day on the beach. Yes, the staff were friendly and attentive, bringing an extra fan to our table, however with only one other table to serve the old mistake of food coming too quickly and plates being taken away before others had finished was made! The food was also of mixed quality with both fish and meat lacking in quantity in the various dishes. My roast duck curry was just at the right spice level , as was my sons Green curry, however overall the flavours were not as intensive as we have experienced elsewhere and overall we left feeling disappointed. Given other reviews it must have been a ‘below par’ night? PS do not choose the fish cake starter - this has to be improved!

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We staying nearby for 9 nights and ate here for 3 of them! The food and cocktails are fantastic value for money, and the service is outstanding. Our last night here and we were not disappointed in the food once again :)