Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a week. The accomodation was very good. All amenities that you needed. I had dinner there a few times and the food was excellent. You need to try the Barra steaks! Even the Mississippi mudcake or French vanilla cheesecake is worth a stop !
I'd highly recommend a stop and the beer is really cold.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I would describe the accommodation as pretty basic. The cabins appear run down and are rather shabby. The air conditioner was noisy. There is no where other than the floor tp put your sponge bag in the bathroom. The only toiletries are a tiny bar of soap. They are certainly not attractive. However, I had a good sleep and that's all I really needed. The proprietor is very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Try to be as far from the road as possible
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at the Central Hotel on two occasions and both times the meal was delicious, the service was terrific. The staff were fabulous. I would definitely go there again when I next visit Normanton.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

For a remote outback town the Central Hotel has a very up market dining area. The theme is black & white, crisp white tablecloths, black linen table napkins, black coasters, tealight candle, what more could you ask for. It has a very romantic atmosphere with fairy lights crisscrossing from the ceiling. It is a great setting. We had crumbed king salmon & salad which was absolutely delicious. The service was top notch and the staff were extremely friendly and caring. Would definitely dine there again. Well done Central Hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We did a tour of the three Pubs in town to see where the best place for a meal and watch the 1st State of Origin and decided on the Central due to the friendly helpful staff. Keep in mind that Normanton is an Outback Town so don't expect the Ritz.
We were mildly surprised with how accomodating all the Staff were for the night and the meals were excellent which then had a follow up free snack at half time for all the patrons. The drinks were cold and it was a fun night except the footy result but I would gladly recommend a meal and a cold beer at the Central.

Room tip: Didn't stay at the Hotel as we had a Camper
Date of stay: May 2017