All reviews tourist park camp kitchen caravan park an oasis the managers good size swimming pool clean amenities nice park overnight stay camper van booked ahead one night dry season within walking distance remote location albion hotel
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I camped one night. We where greeted by the lovely couple that own the park. More than accomodating. Pool was great. They recommended dinner at the Albion Hotel. We had delicious pizzas there. Was totally unexpected for such a small town. We felt very comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for three days in the whole stay we never got our cabin cleaned no fresh rubbish bags. No coffee refills not happy we needed to buy our own bags and coffee. I know it’s the small thing but the small things count. For the price you pay it’s not worth it. Hope you guys pick up on the hospitality side of things.
And it’s been the most expensive place we have stayed too.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

During a motorcycle trip around Australia, I landed in Normanton. Having booked ahead of time, I hadn’t seen the park.
The park is placed right in the middle of town.
The pluses? Close to the pub, close to shops, nice pool, friendly staff.
Cons? Tired cabins, very basic setup.
This is a remote town so I give them credit for what they have.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The park was quite busy and full, but we found a quiet spot under some trees down the back that had more space around it. While it was a bit further from the facilities, it was not a problem. There were three blocks of amenities to choose from, but there was a bit of maintenance needed in the main block with no hot water in one of the showers. It felt a little unloved, but I do appreciate that in such a remote location it is not easy to get tradespeople all the time. We did not try the pool as we were told it was freezing, and the hot tub was busy each time we looked

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbugbitten10
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The park is a bit aged and faded. It was built for a time when vans were smaller. The concrete slabs don't line up sensibly with the sites - perhaps a relic of layouts past. Tried the spa which was warm but not very clean. The pool looked really good though. An attempt had been made to update the amenities but some way to go yet. Adequate for a night or 2.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple