“Fun sunny day at Douro Valley!”
Review of CMTour

Douro Valley Day Trip with Lunch from Porto
Ranked #17 of 85 Food & Drink in Porto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The CMTOUR organizes tours of the Douro Valley region, with a wide range of activities to provide unique moments. Within our activities we have visits to Quintas wineries of the region, wine tasting, olive oil tasting, viewpoints visits, visits to wine-producing villages, walks in Rabelo boats.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 4 April 2018

A perfect day for us because it was sunny ☀️ pick up was on time, our tour guide Sergio was super nice and professional. View were amzing. Thank You CMTour!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
CmtourTeam, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at CMTour, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello!
Obrigado for the comment.

All reviews
"boat ride"
in 6 reviews
"private tour"
in 5 reviews
"complimentary glass of port"
"great education"
"day trip"
in 4 reviews
"the river"
in 7 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"sunny day"
"great tour"
in 3 reviews
"small group"

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is what I sent and there were 3 of us
What is the price of a 8 hour tour from Amarenta, does this include lunch
and winery fees
This was the response I got
The price for car and guide is 225 €, and we have availability for both dates

A van shows up with 5 other people, I was expecting a private tour.
WE drive to an okay Port and Wine winery. It was small and 2 others of their vans show up as well, the tour was okay and the tasting was okay.
I had just been in Porto and went to some great places for tastings. I was excited when I booked t his tour to go to the Douro valley.
After the first tour we went for lunch which was an okay place, the lunch was good but we were there about 1hr and 45 minutes, I went there to go to wineries and Port houses.
We then went for a boat ride on the Duro river with the other 2 vans as well and we finished off at a small wine tour, what of waste of time. I think the family just bought it in 2001 and it was kinda at their house, the wine was poor and then they sold their goods. They sold wine, olive oil and almonds, not sure if they made any of this product. This was totally disappointing.
We got back in the van and drove back to the Hotel, other then the fact I saw the Duro valley totally a waste of the day.

Dear costumer,

Since you decide to write this here it is once again what we have told you many times.
When you asked for a tour we have told you that like you said "yes, we have availability for both dates the price was 225€ with all included" (visits, lunch, tasting and boat trip).

Never, and let me strengthen this, never in neither emails or messages was telling you that was a private tour! You just assume that.

When we arrive at Amarante and you were unhappy when you saw more people, on the van, was your choice to still want to come.
You haven´t paid anything as pre-reservation. So you just came, even though you were unhappy with the situation.

Even if you choose a private tour the visits and boat trip are always with other groups. Nerve by yourself like it seems you were expected.

Also seems you will be disappointed anyway, since the private tour you would visit the same places, the only difference was that you had the car and guide just for you. And like I sent you in the morning if you wanted a private tour since you were not happy I would send you a driver with a car so you can have the private you were always talking about. Of course that had an extra cost like I told you.

To finish, let me tell you the normal price for the tour is 95€ per person, as you know, since you ask to one of the other persons of the group what he had pay, and we have done a discount since was our last 3 spots and make a tour for 75€ per person.
Do you think for that price with all included it will be a private tour?

But it is all great even though you try that was not with your attitude all day, the rest of the group (the other 5 in the van) love the tour and enjoyed very much as you can see on the platform GET YOUR GUIDE by their comments.
You could try to like the tour, but was always on your mind not having anyone else in the group with you.

Our work was made, and well made as always.
Still, we want to clarify the situation to everyone who reads this comment of yours.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Carla did an excellent job to drive and explain everything, since the weather was fine we enjoyed the trip very much

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
CmtourTeam, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at CMTour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello!
Obrigado for the comment. That means a lot to us! We are glad to know that you liked the tour. We hope to see you soon in Douro Valley!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had a great day with Carla - even though the weather wasn’t great we saw some amazing views, tasted some delicious port and wines and had a fab lunch. Would really recommend this trip to anyone visiting Porto.

CmtourTeam, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at CMTour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello!
Obrigado for the comment. That means a lot to us!