Hotel Peninsular
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssao bento stationjacuzzi tubtrain stationtv setbudget pricerestaurants and shoppingwithin walking distanceart decoair condouble bedbreakfast was includedperfect locationcouple of nightsmin walkdouro rivercity centreeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

hotel in the heart of Porto, easy to reach from the airport (you can use the metro line E and stop at the Trinidade station and in 10 minutes by foot you'll reach the hotel or you can change the line and go on to sao bento station). It's a perfect match of quality and price, a good breakfast is also included in the fare. Girls at the reception desk are attentive, professional and english speaking. staff is also very attentive at the emails and at the reservation system. Rooms (and the hotel in general) are in portuguese style, with a/c, tv and bathroom. I think this hotel was a perfect choice to visit this lovely town because in this position you can walk around and visit a lot of monuments just by foot. I really recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Accessed from the airport via the Metro ; changed at Trindade then 2 stops to Sao Bento station - 2.55 Euro each and takes about an hour. ( It is 15 minutes in a taxi which is about 22-24 Euro)
Great Location for accessing everything ; Railway, Metro, Vintage Tram , Boats Cable Car. The Hotel is tried, and dated but very clean. Good friendly staff , and adequate continental breakfast. ( No hot food other than toast) The hotel has no central heating ; we had electric radiators in our room , which I would think if the weather was cold wouldn't be adequate. We were lucky with the weather ; up to 26 Degrees during the daytime. Room 547 had no view ; just looking out onto walls of other buildings.
Overall , for our 3 night stay it served our purpose.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2017

A really quirky hotel, perfectly placed for Sao Bento Railway station, the Metro do Porto, the heritage trams & plenty of fine restaurants & shops! Could certainly do with some updating, but made up for by the excellent continental breakfast, & most of all, by the lovely staff who make our visits so very enjoyable!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for luxury then stay elsewhere. We stayed in a basic room with private bathroom on the first floor. Our room although basic had everything we needed including a small heater. There was plenty of space for the two of us and our luggage and the shower was powerful and water nice and hot. The room was clean on arrival and was cleaned every day and towels changed too. Staff at reception were helpful and cheery and the free breakfast while repetitive was fresh and tasty. The best bit about this hotel apart from the price was it's location being steps from Sao Bento metro station. We noticed other rooms on our floor which were bigger and generally looked nicer and smarter than ours so we assume these are the superior rooms available at a higher (but still reasonable price on booking websites) so maybe next time we would choose one of those. It's a shame that the hotel has been 'Let go ' as it's in a beautiful art deco building with lovely features both inside and out. As long as you know what to expect you won't be disappointed especially at the price . We would recommend and definitely stay at the Peninsular hotel again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I had email Reception to clarify that I had wifi in my room I had booked & was told that I did. I needed it for work so was important. When I checked in I was told that there is no wifi on my floor. There ‘solution’ was that I pay more money for a different room or use a lounge room 4 floors down. They would not give me a free upgrade even though I had it in writing that they confirmed I would have wifi in my room. It was ‘someone else’s’ mistake. I spoke to 2 different reception staff & neither one seemed to care. I would not recommend this hotel. There are plenty more places to stay in Porto where I am sure you would receive better service & not be lied too. My 7€ hostel was a lot better & I had wifi in my room.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo