All reviews budget hotel no elevator nice bathroom central porto comfortable beds metro station marques taxi sleep city
Reviewed 9 September 2017

For its location and price, this hotel is really good, and also near Metro Station (Marques). the staff very friendly and helpful. as we left the whole day visiting the city, we don’t really know the level of noisy during the busy hours, but during the night was peaceful. the breakfast was very good. hotel decoration is nice.

one thing this hotel needs immediate improvement is its bedroom cleanness; in general the hotel looks very clean, but my pillows were all with saliva (see pictures) and I had to cover them all with my clean clothes enabling me to sleep without thinking about other people’s saliva.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Wilwa_Tikta
Reviewed 20 September 2016

The hotel in itself is okay, though located a bit far away. Catarina street is indeed a shopping street with lots of people but the part where the hotel is located is quite far from the center and not pleasant at all to walk at night. I noticed other hotels closer to the center of the street. The room is ok, breakfast is nice, but the most shocking thing was the check in. i arrived at around 10pm and was met by an old guy with no english and very limited french. That was the worst in my life late check in experience and i could not imagine that one hour later i would be still standing all in tears. This old guy could not find my booking, screamed at me and pointed me at the door, demanding I get outside. After my unsuccessful calls to website where i booked the hotel and about an hour of waiting and trying to show him email booking confirmation, asking a pen to write the name, which he refused, and asking to check again, he managed to bring me to tears and finally found the booking. No apologies, he just demanded that I cried quieter. Other guests were also shocked by his manners and behavior. the morning girls at reception were nice and friendly but the night and the day were ruined. I think it's possible to find a place to stay closer to the center for the same money and much better attitude to guests.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank lossernok
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Very good people from the reception and during stay with my family. Nice breakfast and Internet included for a reasonable price.
Very kind staff helping to better enjoy the sightseeing and topical food in the marvelous Porto and near cities!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Friendly,courteous staff, with functional small rooms. Right next to the metro and or you can walked to central Porto. If walking has you down, you can just take a taxi for 5-7 Euro's I liked the beans and scrambled eggs , served during the complementary breakfast.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 9 July 2016

The room was simple, air-conditioned with basic facilities.Staff were courteous and efficient. The property was always clean and tidy.A helpful night porte meant you had freedom to come and go at any time.

Room tip: get first or second floor
Date of stay: June 2016