All reviews swimming pool sea view lovely rooftop pool rushed off his feet the underground car park the hotel is clean vintage tram cold and hot food sun loungers city centre tram ride happily stay again the river top floor hotel stay tiny balcony bit dated
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This hotel is wonderfully converted to a high standard and the price is reasonable. One of the nicest features is the restaurant on top. Stunning views while you eat, or just have a drink on the terrace. Loval Bistros in next street with great food. Short walk to bus into centre. Near enough to walk along the river if you prefer, or take an old tram. Great fun. Breakfast is great and the dining room is comfortable and not at all canteeny. We all enjoyed our stay. It was too cool in May to use the roof swimming pool, but it is a stunning spot to swim or sun bathe. Will definitely return

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This was the coziest, quaintest hotel that totally exceeded my expectations! It had a beautiful roof too bar that overlooked the ocean, with great food and great service. The hotel was only a block from the beach. If I’d known it was going to be so great I would have planned to stay there for more nights. I will be back one day for sure.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shelbynoel
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We had a lovely room and the location was fantastic. While it is away from the center of Porto it was not difficult to get to the center and was convenient enough. The view from the roof top bar of the Douro flowing into the Atlantic was unforgettable.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichaelM19839
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We stayed at the Hotel Boa-Vista because of its location & the availability of parking for your rental car.
The hotel is located opposite the old Fort at the mouth of the Douro River & the front rooms overlook these sites to the Atlantic. Convenient bus (#500) takes you to the centre of Porto. There are 3 tram routes & one travels along the river front from near the hotel - a great way to get around this hilly city.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We stayed at Hotel Bao Vista, but had a terrible expirience as they are not baby freindly.

Because we have a baby we we're in need of access to a freezer for my ice pack to keep the milk cold. I was told to use the room refrigerator, but when I told the receptionist I needed a freezer she did not understand me. Only after a few minutes did she comprehend my needs and told me to go to the bar.

The bartender told me he would freeze it and I could pick it up at 12:30 the next day, I then told him we would be going out in the morning. He told me to ask reception and they would collect it for me. The next day I went down and the receptionist informed me they didn't have access to the bar. It took them a while to figure out how to get my ice pack.

Two days later I went down to collect the ice pack and the receptionist had no idea what I was asking for and told me to go to the breakfast lobby to collect it there. When I went there the employee was very helpful but told me they didn't have it. I went back to the receptionist and they had to send someone up to the bar to collect it. I guess the cleaning staff have easy access to the bar as a maid came down a few minutes later with my ice pack.

I was told that I needed to pay for the first night as I would be staying for several nights. I had no issue and paid 82.9 for the first night.

I was shocked when I checked out and was told I would need to pay an additional 15 euros per night for use of a crib. I was takin aback as I was not charged the first night for it, if I knew I would be charged an additional fee I would never have asked for it as we never used it.

I found your billing method to be very sneaky and deceitful and plan never to return to you establishment.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family