“Amazing views, port wines, history, and hospitality”

Tourvent - travel and events
Ranked #52 of 208 Tours in Porto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exclusive guided tours at Porto and Alto Douro, joining main sites with "hidden treasures". Local guides and friendly atmosphere. #tailormade #travelplanners#events
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Alfredo and his associate Maria provided a superior tour experience. We spent 15 days in Spain and Portugal, and our time in Portugal was our favorite part of our family vacation. Alfredo's extraordinary hospitality, attention to detail, flexibility, and desire to share the best of Porto was a huge factor in our experience.

We booked the Porto walking tour and the Alto Duro tour with Alfredo. As the chief planner of our vacation it was a relief to have someone else complete all the arrangements. Alfredo's knowledge and connections at local vineyards, restaurants, museums helped us have a unique and delightful experience we will never forget. I would say that the Quinta da Pacheca wine tasting and restaurant was an experience that was otherworldly. It was such an amazing experience that our three children (19, 21,and 22) wanted to purchase a premium bottle of port to enjoy at each of their eventual weddings. The bottles are a fun reminder of a day that would be difficult to top.

In addition to these two tours, Alfredo was able to customize an all day adventure driving us from Porto to Sintra. We had only 5 full days in Portugal, so in order to see a few of the sites in between Porto and Sintra Alfredo provided an itinerary custom made to see some of the main attractions including Aveiro, Coimbra, and Obidos. As if this wasn't splendid enough, he arranged a lunch and a swim in the fabulous pool at Palacio da Lousa a boutique, historic hotel.

If you want an amazing experience with a guide that makes your enjoyment his top priority look no further. I have recommended our Porto experience and Tourvent to everyone I have shared our vacation details with. Safe and happy travels!

alfredo s, Owner at Tourvent - travel and events, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a great pleasure to meet you and your wonderful family. Hope to have you back one day ! Best regards. Maria and Alfredo,

All reviews
"tours"
in 10 reviews
"ports"

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We booked a Tour of the Douro Valley with Alfredo, and it was fantastic....truly one of the best days of our 18 day trip to Portugal. Alfredo picked us up in the morning and dropped us back at our hotel 10 hrs later. What a day he planned for us in the beautiful Douro Valley! We visited the Wine Museum, which was so interesting and informative, had wine/port tastings, an incredible lunch, a boat ride, more tastings and watched the sun go down at one of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen. Alfredo is a knowledgeable, interesting and passionate host, and being with him, on his tour, was like having a friend in Porto. We look forward to coming back and doing more tours with him, and would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends for tours, as well as his travel planning services . A great find!!!

Alfredo S, Owner at Tourvent - travel and events, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I was referred to Alfredo Santos through dear friends of mine, and we began our communication well before my trip to Porto in October. Alfredo researched with great depth various Jewish Communities to visit in Portugal. Once decided we met, and spent the day together. Alfredo offered a rich history of Porto and Portugal in addition to organizing a jewish Tour for me in Belmonte. I felt connected to my roots in many ways. He attended the tour with me, the most wonderful part of the tour was experiencing the opportunity of stepping into visiting Aristides De Sousa Mendes Home, who saved the lives of thousands of refugees, especially the Jewish people. This tour of his home touched me deeply. Alfredo made this all possible and a must see on each tour. Alfredo went above and beyond , offered many stops and breaks.. with a great lunch...I would refer Tourvent to all of my contacts in Canada and internationally. When i return to Porto will be using Tourvent for all my tours. Thank you for a wonderful and enriching day.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My wife and I recently visited Porto for 3 days in early August. This was our first trip to Portugal and we wanted to focus on getting a good "first taste" of the country, region, people, food and especially wine. We decided to take a day tour of the Douro Valley and through TripAdvisor we found Tourvent and Alfredo. Alfredo picked us up at our hotel at 9 AM and we embarked on a fabulous day of seeing the beautiful Porto/Portugal countryside, beautiful landscape, the magnificent Douro Valley, and stunning wineries. Alfredo was a gracious host, a fantastic tour guide, informative, and constantly filled us in on local culture, customs, history, and current events. Alfredo went above-and-beyond to take us to places that fit our taste and that were on our wish list. If you are looking to do a tour of the Douro Valley, Alfredo is your guy. He was worth everything we paid him. We hope to get back to the Douro in the future and will seek Alfredo again to take another tour. Thanks again, Alfredo!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a truly exquisite day in the Douro Valley with Alfredo. He picked us up at 9am, and we were together until close to 10pm. He arranged incredible vineyard tours and wine/port tastings, one of the best meals we had on our trip, a boat ride, and more. Throughout the day, as we got to know each other better, Alfredo tailored our visits to our specific tastes. The day was a highlight of our trip to Portugal. Alfredo became a part of our family for the day. He never seemed rushed. He was an amazing host. It was the perfect way to explore the Douro Valley.

1  Thank samigmazo
alfredo s, Proprietário at Tourvent - travel and events, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you so much Samantha and Ari, this comment made my day. All the best for you both!