“Amazing gluten free pizza”
Review of Al Dente Pizzeria

Al Dente Pizzeria
Ranked #220 of 710 Restaurants in Funchal
Price range: US$1 - US$23
Description: In the Al Dente pizzeria restaurant, we propose traditional Italian dishes, allied to the most appreciated dishes of Portuguese cuisine. We excel in tradition, quality and refinement in the palate. To keep up with the work rhythms of our customers, we have suggestions of the day during the lunch period. We also have the take-away service. Be our guest and try the delicious Al Dente dishes.
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing gluten free pizza and great, friendly customer service! The owner of the place is around and constantly pays attention of every little detail. We had a great bottle of Portuguese wine as well.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

My freind has an intolerance to gluten based pizzas, trying to find a restaurant that will make one is very difficult. But we have found one in Funchal Madeira. Al Dente makes an awesome GF Pizza, the chief went out of his way to make one and was excellent. Well done Al Dente, other pizzeria's should take a lesson from this restaurant,

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Excellent Italian food; good service and good range of choice. It is a good sized restaurant with a pleasant ambience.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We visited here and had a great meal, it was quiet when we turned up and grabbed a great spot outside. I had pasta and my husband had pizza, both excellent. Staff were a little reserved but pleasant enough. Would recommend to others looking for really good Italian food!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here tonight. First impression wasn't great when the waiter arrived and placed a tablecloth on the table complete with a cigarette hole. I then opened the laminated menu to find it splattered with...well I'm not sure what, but it needed a clean. We killed 2 ants on the table and I was bitten on my arm by something. My partner had a lasagne with a side order of chips and I had a chicken pizza. Lasagne was nice. We asked for salt for the chips but it didnt arrive so she ate without as they were getting cold. Also ordered a 2nd beer which took forever to arrive (she forgot and I see her run to the bar when she looked at our table). My chicken pizza had hardly any chicken on it but was ok. We had one dessert which was nice and a cappacino which was coffee with whipped cream on top. With tip €40 which is cheap enough.
I wouldn't eat here again though. Looks nice from the road until you sit down.