“Dinner”

Restaurante Metamorphosis
Reserve with
Restaurante Metamorphosis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 280 Restaurants in Sintra
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Description: Good restaurant, good food at a good price in a family environment.
A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very pleasant atmosphere with local families. To start, shared olives and homemade seafood pate with excellent bread. Then the cod, shrimp and clams cataplana - serving was too generous. Excellent, nicely flavoured but could have used a bit more garlic (personal choice). Attentive staff. Enjoyed this first holiday dinner in spite of our jet lag.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The place on the inside looks really upscale, the prices however are anything but, especially for Sintra that is very touristy. The staff is also very attentive and happy to help with the food and wine choices. My husband and I shared a rice dish with clams and fish which was very good and plenty, the price was a little over 20 euros. For desert I had an apple pie which was divine. Not so much a pie as a cake. With it we chose Mateus rose, which is quite good and crisp and the small bottle is 6 euros (the large one 12). Would definitelly return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The only reason we go to a restaurant, like most people, is to eat good, plentiful food at a reasonable price.
This place had all that plus excellent friendly service.
The octopus was the best I’ve ever eaten and plenty of it. My wife’s steak with mushroom sauce was the best she had in 3 weeks of travel.
The waiter’s recommendation for the green wine was spot on.
Seriously, if you are searching for a place to eat in Sintra, look no further.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

4 of us didnt even finished our meal. Everything was totally horrible.
I ate my first francinsencha in here and that is my last. Its too disgusting with the raw bloody sausages inside. Smell of fresh blood. Yuck.

The octopus is not fresh, oh I love octopus and been eating octopus almost everyday while in spain and portugal but this visit make it the last eat. My partner dont even want to eat 3/4 from the whole chunk of it.

The smells is horrible. It is by far the worst food we ate from our whole europe trip.

The portion is huge for the price, if youre someone who just want to be full here is the place.

The waitre was nice and friendly. But really it is not worth our time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For a city that is super touristy, Metamorphosis has quality at prices that defies the norm. We had very nice Octopus, and also enjoyed as appetizers both the cod cakes and pork balls - all fantastic. Ordered a couple bottles of the house white (not listed on the menu) for just 6 euro a piece. After a morning of climbing those hills, come here for a rewarding meal!