“Have fun and look forward!”

Kitesurf Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kitesurf Adventures is a Maritime Touristic Animation Company located in beautiful Cascais and Caparica Coast. We specialize in different water/ocean sports such as: Kitesurf, SUP stand Up and Surf. We also provide Biking and Hiking in amazing places like the magic Sintra and the transport for small groups. Kitesurf Adventures organize top quality team-building activities, events and incentives for groups and companies. All clients are covered by accident insurance. Kitesurf Adventures also organize lunches, dinners, local tours and adventure activites with our local partners. We speak: Portuguese, German, English, Spanish, Italian and French. We guarantee safe and absolutely fun!:)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

And I did. Loads of fun. And started to look forward too ;) My surf lessons were simply perfect. I got plenty of useful tips and enjoyed every minute. I will be recommending this school to all my friends tempted to set out on their surf adventure.

Lu770, Gerente at Kitesurf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Kasia,
My super surf girl! You did it amazing!
Looking forward to meeting you again!

All reviews
"hostel"
in 7 reviews
"progression"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and a friend took 5 surfing classes and we had a great time! We were both very beginners, and our instructors were lovely, always taking their time to find a beach with the best waves for us to learn on. Most of the days it was just us in the class ( we were there very early season) so we felt very spoilt. Also Laura is amazing and made a lot of effort to help us out with anythings we needed. Lots of love.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Definitely, it is the place to be in Cascais for the relaxation and some activities such as Yoga, Kite surf, climbing…
I spent 1 week in the Guincho Hostel during the low season (February). It was very quiet and I had the opportunity to get private lessons for yoga and surf. I really enjoyed the daily yoga classes to feel peaceful in my mind and in my body at the end.

Laura the owner of the hostel is amazing. She will give you a warm welcome and she is very involved to make her guess feel comfortable. She pays a particular attention to her guests and to their wishes. She really helps her guests to improve their level in such activities such as yoga. She is very strict with the choice of her partnerships in terms of surf schools or teachers collaborating with her. She is demanding with the quality provided making the comfort of her guest her priority.

It is very relaxing place, beautifully designed with comfortable rooms. We feel at home there! The hostel is clean with bright rooms, a nice kitchen and the gorgeous terrace offers a great view for the sunset on the Guincho beach. Moreover, the healthy breakfasts are delicious (tea, coffee, fruits, cereals, yogurts,…)
I definitely recommend it and can’t wait to be back.

Lu770, Director General at Kitesurf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Karina,
Thanks a lot for your kind words:)
Really hope you visit here again and can do Yoga and surf with you next time!
Have a great year! see you soon my love.
L

Reviewed January 26, 2018

The previous unprofessional and untruthful reply of Laura, has prompted me to rewrite my review (this time longer).

Kitesurf Adventures was my second Kiteschool that I visited, mainly because a previous school had severe logistical issues (my guess, they took in too many clients), because it took approx. 2.5 months for me to accomplish 10 hours of kiting there.
I explained all this to Laura, thus started my training.

The first lesson was with Pippo, which went great.
Second lesson went with Titto, it was good too.
The third time is when the disorganization started. We confirmed the class twice. Once the evening before, and then 4 hours prior. I show up, nobody is there. I waited for 90 mins, sent two whatsapp messages to instructor and made a call, no answer. I leave for the parking lot and see their van pull in. This should not happen, but, I was glad they still came and the class did happen.
With the fourth lesson it got really bad. I am not a big fan of big texts, but I need to support why I call this place unorganized:

I arrive on time, but all instructors are instructing other clients.
Not wanting to interrupt and being polite, I let them instruct, I can wait after all too, even clients should show flexibility with watersport activities in particular (to an extent).
40 mins later, I decided to quickly ask Pippo if all was ok with my class still taking place.
Pippo was perplexed (class was confirmed twice), he wasked me if Titto (my instructor of the day) did not come to me yet. I confirmed that, and he told me to put on my wetsuit and walk a bit up the beach to find Pippo.
I do as he told. I found Titto giving instruction to a group, I once again waited passively, thinking class might be over, no worries (with wetsuit on as told in 35C weather). I waited 40 minutes, and went for a few quick refreshing dives, but after I asked Titto if my class was still happening (quickly interrupting his class).
"What class?????" was his answer. "Do you have a class??? With me????"....
Sigh....He also showed clear disappointment when I decided to answer, because I think he wanted me to dust off basically.
I went back to Pippo, took wetsuit off, and another 30 mins passed. Pippo spoke to me and was polite, but when I told him what happened, he shrugged his shoulders and said "Sorry"....
It was a 1 hour drive (back and forth would be 2 hrs), and there are toll roads. It is unacceptable for a client, whether with private classes like me, or in groups, it is not acceptable in today's world with simple instant text messaging systems etc, to confirm a time twice, and then completely not showing any corporation.
I was about to leave when Titto came back, thus the class did start (hours later), and all were tired already, and Titto definitely showed this during the lesson. It was a complaint after complaint feast.

Being disappointed, I called Laura, no reply at first. I left an audio whatsapp message, explaining this cannot happen, but always polite.

Laura replied to my previous review here on Tripadvisor, that I left 10 minute audio messages. That information is wrong, I left her approx 3 messages, each 1-2 minute long, because she simply never answered my calls, nor texts.

We finally did manage to talk on the phone, where she offered me after a barrage of complaints and bullying ("the instructors do not like you", "you are annoying", "you are bad vibes", etc., etc.), my refund. I stood my ground, but at that point my only goal of the call was to get my remaining money back, I did not want to continue, and to this we both agreed. What a relief, I was expecting the worst already.

As to her bullying remarks above:
I am a sky diver, an advanced open water diver, a pilot (aerobatics, CFI and airline pilot), thus many, many, many hours of instructions have I had, and NEVER, has anyone told me this. Maybe some airline captain every now and then during Simulator classes, but they do that to check how you work under pressure.

Anyway, I went to pick up the remaining money, and I even wanted to part in good terms, I basically said "I hope we can put our differences aside, I still liked the instruction and ...." thus I was immediately interrupted with the same things again. I am annoying to the instructors, I leave long whatsapp audio messages, etc,. Unbearable, really...Insults, bullying, and when it was my turn to defend myself, she literally, shut the door, in my face.

Dear reader. I am a local, thus I did not use her hostel. My objective here is not wanting to prevent tourists and holiday goes in not visiting her place. Laura for sure has a good heart, I am sure (I really hope for her) she does not let you down and I doubt she will, but you need to know one thing. Never complain to her. If you do, she will say that you are one of the first that complained, and that her Tripadvisor reviews show that you are wrong (she did that to me), she hides behind the positive reviews here, which is very unprofessional in my opinion.

If you are a local, ask around. Do your research. You will find out things.

As to Laura. She is an adorable person, but lightly stressed and extremely hot headed when you make a respectful and polite complaint. Sadly, she takes it a step further and does bullying, which is extremely unwise and unprofessional.

I want to apologize for this long wall of text, but my very short review initially was countered with information by Laura which was simply not true, thus I decided to make a more in-depth review.