“Best restaurant of our trip”
Review of Restaurante Caneta

Restaurante Caneta
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Caneta was definitely the best restaurant that we ate at on our week-long trip to Terceira. For appetizers, we got the house sausage, which had a nice sweet/spicy combination. I only wish that we had gotten more. The al catra was so delicious. The beef was perfectly cooked and the bread served with it was slightly sweet and complemented the beef stew sauce. The grilled octopus dish was also good, but overshadowed by the al catra. The dessert menu looked delicious as well, but we sadly only had a chance to try one of the ice cream desserts (delicious!). Highly, highly recommend eating here when you're on Terceira.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were brought here by our tour guide for what was described as the best beef on the island. I never tried anywhere else on the island, but I can attest that this place is tasty (if you get the pot roast). I tried the sausages too and they were the best we had (and we stayed on Terceira, Sao Miguel, and Faial). The service was only ok, but since we had a local tour guide, he kept things moving. I'd definitely recommend stopping by if you are nearby, but I wouldn't drive across the island just to eat here. Free WiFi here and they accept Visa.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I went to the restaurant with my wife, and we had an amazing meal!
I had a beef skewer, so tasty and tender! Worth every penny!
My wife had a grilled steak and as also great!
We ate so much that we couldn't have desert
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We were taken to this restaurant by our tour guide, Joaquim De Matos Pires, as a stop during our 3-day tour of Terceira Island. I'm not a big fan of beef, but he recommended their version of beef pot roast, "Alcatra", so we ordered that, plus a wonderful bottle of Portuguese wine and could not have enjoyed a better meal! The waiter was very attentive, spoke excellent English, was very good with suggestions and very gracious.

1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Bad service, average food at best
Greasy, heavy foods. There are so many great place, don't make the mistake of wasting a meal here. Our waiter didn't smile and barley acknowledged presence.