“You would not wish to return.”
Review of O Barco

O Barco
Ranked #90 of 166 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2021

We just wanted a light snack. My toasted sandwich was the most insipid that I have ever tasted. The bread was awful and white whilst the cheese was processed and tasteless.
The others were just as disappointed with their choices.
And to top it all it is not cheap.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (325)

Reviewed 19 October 2021 via mobile

I’ve been coming to this restaurant for more years than I care to remember. We arrived today for lunch (with no reservation). I politely waited to see if we could get a table as it was approaching lunchtime and I appreciated some tables might be reserved, although currently free. A member of staff approached us and we requested a table. He showed us to a table which had a reserved sign on it. So far so good. We sat and we waited for a menu. And we waited. And we waited. 15 minutes later, other guests having arrived and being provided menus, it was clear we were being ignored. I went inside and asked for a menu, pointing out we’d now been waiting some time. A different staff member publicly rebuked me for sitting at a reserved table. I was absolutely incensed. I told him that we’d been shown that table after checking with a member of staff. Much pointing at us, raised words (obviously for our benefit but in Portuguese) and very huffily some menus were provided. We got up and left. The way we were treated was unconscionably rude and if they think humiliation is customer service they can think again. I’ll happily take my custom elsewhere. Absolutely livid.

Reviewed 17 October 2021

Great view of the public toilets, very expensive, miserable waitress and not worth the visit. A plastic cafe charging restaurant/hotel prices.

Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

Great location. Only stopped for a drink but the low score is based more on the fact they only take cash. It's 2021 and card charges are tiny so that's no excuse. Also not making this clear until after you've asked for the bill isn't good enough. We only had a small amount of cash and fortunately just enough to pay the bill - but what if we didn't?

Reviewed 5 October 2021

Quiet Sunday night and we were giving up of finding a good Portuguese eating experience when we saw our only offer of sardines in our Algarve visit . Although on the seafront it offer good food friendly service and a reasonable price