“Romantic, tasty, fun and laidback hideaway”
Review of One Restaurant

One Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 788 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a wonderful dinner in One, a delightful, tiny, dark, candle-filled restaurant in a historic building on a canal off the Begijnhof. It was made up of various cozy, small dining rooms, one even with a big fireplace. We were nicely 'stuck' in what looked like our own mini dining room. Staff members were young, casual and friendly. As we just had shared a huge waffle in Lizzy's Waffles (highly recommendable), we had to settle for one dish only. The menu was small but offered many traditional Flemish recipes. The shrimp croquettes were delicate and the sirloin beef with pepper sauce was cooked to medium rare perfection. The hand-cut fries were very nice as well. Portions overall were generous. Hence, the prices were fair. The wine list was endless and they offered various wines by the glass. We eventually shared the apple pie dessert which was wonderful too. Overall, a delightful restaurant, off the beaten tourist track, where you can come to your senses and take in the Bruges experience in an relaxed manner. It was our wedding anniversary so the romantic setting could not have been more ideal.

1  Thank Yodah

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We spent my birthday at this fabulous restaurant. The owner welcomed us and reserved for us a table adorned with roses and a lovely birthday card. We ate traditional meat dishes and the slices of chocolate and apple pies that we had (one with a candle offered by them) were sooo yummyyy !!
Following other reviews, we reserved in advance as there are few tables and we did not want to miss this experience!
Thank you for the memorable birthday!

1  Thank Fabrizia L
Reviewed 27 March 2018

TripAdvisor reviews said it was romantic, so I chose it for our Anniversary meal. It didn't let us down! there are only a few tables, so you need to book. Like so many other reviewers, we had the speciality of Flemish Stew for me and Meatballs in Cherry Sauce, which were both lovely, as was the Crème Brule. It was a good choice of venue, with good food, and good service.

1  Thank HAPPYMANRUNCORN
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My friend and I were looking forward to dining at this restaurant after reading all the great reviews, we booked a table well in advance.
The restaurant is a lovely and relaxed, cosy and candlelit.
We ordered prawns and the shrimp croquettes to start which we both enjoyed. For mains I had Flemish stew and my friend ordered the meatballs, both were pretty disappointing. The beef had dried out and there was a taste as if something had been burnt during the cooking process. Maybe our expectations were too high, but we felt that we could have cooked it better ourselves! (sorry).
The menu was limited and not particularly exciting. It really isn't difficult to cook a good casserole.
We left at approximately 10.15 ish and it was end of service. The young waiter was wiping the tables and he threw the cloth across the room onto the next table. The sort of thing you might do if there were no guests left dining.
Sadly we would not return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Receptionist in hotel, my mother and I were staying in recommended One Minnewater. So glad he did as it is a beautiful and quaint restaurant with amazing food and drinks.
We booked beforehand as read other reviews on Trip Advisor which suggested booking. Thank goodness we did as a lot of people had to be turned away as no tables.
I had a Tom Collins which was delicious and we both had steaks for mains and creme brûlée for deserts- which were delicious and cooked to perfection. I didn’t want the meal to end. Would definitely recommend a visit to One Minnewater for anyone visiting Bruges.

1  Thank joanneatchi