“Came in for a late night steak craving”
Review of El Gaucho

El Gaucho
Reserve with
El Gaucho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,189 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Came in for a quick bite a half hour before they were due to close. I ordered a steak and husband ordered empanadas and a salad because he was not so hungry. The steak was a sirloin, which was actually decent and cooked to perfection but it was listed as an "entrecote". That was not an entrecote; it was lean with a slight fat coating in the edge. Also, the asked me if I wanted a sauce; which I asked for chimichurri. What I got was something like a pickled relish. Cultural differences maybe? And last but not least, my reason for the 2 stars was I had a huge portion of salad left over and quite a bit of steak. I like to over order on vacations so I can have some for later. To note, we ordered not one but Two salads on top of the steak and empanadas. The server explained to me in length how she could not wrap my salad because usually they wrap in aluminum foil and they cannot wrap salad in aluminum foil. What!?!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

It was a verry cosy restaurant and we had the best steak we ever had on restaurant! I would recoomend this place absolutley!!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant itself seems very authentic, smoke everywhere and delicious smell. Steaks are good, but nothing out of the ordinary. To be honest I was expecting more from the best steakhouse in Rotterdam. The service needs serious improvement. A smile once in a while would be appreciated. Last, but not least, if you happen to go there in winter and you are unlucky enough to be sited at the first three tables you may want to keep you jacket on because it's very very cold. Prices at least are reasonable.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I made a reservation to celebrate the new year with my husband. We travel from Spain with the hope of having a good New Year's dinner and celebrating together.
I received confirmation of my reservation on December 28 and I was happy for the good plan we had. Great error, the restaurant El Gaucho canceled my reservation on December 31st at 2 AM by email¡¡¡ they did not even take the trouble to call me. I saw the mail on the 31st at 8am, obviously I no longer had any possibility of booking anywhere else. Well yes, without New Year dinner thanks to El Gaucho. I have no idea what the food will be like, but I am sure that they are not interested in what happens with their customers.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I have eaten over 4000 steaks in my life, but this was the best ever. It was very crowded and drinks took a while, but didn’t mind because staff is very friendly. A downside is the extreme smoke in the restaurant. But still give it an A+!