“Fine food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Nice stylish environment , close to museums and river cruise area. We were thinking to take the three course chef’s menu, but discovered that it had to be replicated for both of us, so we opted for three starter plates and one main one. They were all very good and innovative, a fusion between eastern and western cuisine. My only objection: nine euros for a glass of wine seems too much

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

The contemporary interior of this restaurant is well designed. The staff is friendly and attentive. We had the menu (only possible if everybody at the table has the same menu) with seven courses: all of them beautiful dishes, served in portions that are not too big. Wine list was well selected with reasonable prices, but also more lavish options.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We had a perfect Christmas dinner with the family. Super great tasty dishes, esp. fish dishes and the dessert. Service was friendly, quick and helpful. Highly recommended to visit!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I am not a very seafood kinda person but the food here is sooooooo good. Staff are friendly and helpful too

Reviewed 27 October 2017

In brief, Restaurant Huston in Rotterdam clearly discourages the patronage of anyone who is not a Dutch speaker. At greater length... by way of background, I have traveled to the Netherlands several times. I speak three European languages, but sadly not Dutch. In the great majority of occasions I have found Dutch people to be open, friendly and graciously welcoming. I found Restaurant Huson highlighted in the Guide Michelin, so recently when I traveled to Rotterdam for a single night, I eagerly placed a reservation. After walking for half an hour to a fairly remote location I entered, mentioned my reservation and was greeted in an angry tone "You called here earlier today, and I told you we were full!" I assured the young gentleman that we had never spoken in our lives, and retrieved from my phone the email from the restaurant, entirely and exclusively in the Dutch language, with the word "reservering" in the title and the correct date and time in the body text. He looked at the email and informed me that the message states my request for a reservation was denied. I responded that his translation was helpful but that it might have been much more helpful to offer a translation before I arrived at the front door. His response was "How are we supposed to know that you are not Dutch?" How indeed? And yet such an common uncertainty would normally be dealt with inclusively by communicating welcomingly in at least two languages. Clearly, the Huson approach is just the opposite. As he declined to find me a table either at that time or any other, I requested the assistance of another member of staff. This young woman had a much more professional demeanour. She also refused to seat me that evening. When I insisted that she suggest another restaurant of similar quality and style and make a timely reservation for me, she complied. Twenty minutes later I was seated at a much more expensive restaurant (five euros per oyster!) that was thoroughly mediocre. No apology. Not much of an effort at service recovery. Why would business owners and managers who have chosen the hospitality industry design a consistent customer experience - both online and in-person that is xenophobic? It makes no sense to me! My recommendation in summary... if you too are shown the door at Restaurant Huson because you are not a Dutch person, don't follow their advice on a different place to dine.

3  Thank IvorK26