Suite Hotel Pincoffs
  • Pool
  • Pool
Hotel New York(Rotterdam)
View Hotel
All reviewsold customs housebathroom upstairscustoms buildingerasmus bridgecosy barlovely hotellittle toucheschain hotelsbreakfast roomacross the riversplit leveltop floorcity centrebreakfast is servedbeautiful roomcomfortable bedwater taxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2017

This individual and delightful hotel is the best place we have ever stayed. The quality of service is exceptional, the staff are all super-friendly and happy to help in any way they can. The rooms are gorgeous and the location is perfect. We would not stay anywhere else in Rotterdam. Pincoffs has such a lovely feel to it - calm, very green and beautifully designed. Rotterdam is an amazing city with so much to see and do, and to stay at Pincoffs is the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear anikibobo, wow! Thank you very much for your lovely words. We are happy you experienced our service in this way. Thank you for being our ambassador of The Pincoffs Hotel and a friend of Rotterdam.
We love to give you a warm welcome again to next time you are visiting Rotterdam.
With kind regards,
Karen, Edwin & Team Rotterdam

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

I can highly recommend this hotel just outside the centre of Rotterdam. It has been decorated with care and I like the style. The room and adjoining bathroom was huge. The area quiet but central. The best feature is that you can have breakfast until 1pm!! Having 2 children and being away for 1 night with just the 2 of us, this was a real treat! Wonderful to not having to keep track of time. After breakfast we rented 2 bikes and explored Rotterdam! Go there! The city is developing into something wonderful !

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

Dear lobrysteen, thank you for your lovely review. The Pincoffs boutique hotel wants to be a place were nothing is mandatory. Just relax. And if you need any help our team will provide it.
With kind regards, Karen, Edwin & Team Pincoffs

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Decided to stay here on a business trip rather than stay at the generic chains for a change. So glad I did. This place is lovely and comfortable.

Check in was smooth and very personal. The check in receptionist was very friendly and attentive and organised a breakfast for me as I was checking out early.

Rooms are well serviced. Great coffee machine in the room with a contemporary yet cosy style. Very Scandinavian.

Check out was a breeze, I'm just disappointed I had to leave early and miss out on their sit in breakfast!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business

Dear Foodgoorou, Thank you for your pleasant review. The Pincoffs Hotel is a boutique hotel for business travelers as well. We try to give the business traveler as much convenience as they want. The Pincoffs Hotel tries to feel like a big townhouse were you stay with friends. You are very welcome at our breakfast room next time. We serve our organic breakfast at your table and have a live cooking chef in the kitchen. Please tell the chef your favorite egg-disch...
With kind regards, Edwin, Karen & Team Pincoffs

Reviewed May 19, 2017

Stayed for one night there. The staff were very friendly from the moment i stepped into the hotel and I left. The hotel itself is housed in an building which used to be the customs house built 1879 and it has been designed with an old and new feel. Really clean, well thought out rooms with a quirky feel. Definitely will use it again. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2017

Dear Amaraka, many thanks for your lovely review! Thanks for being our ambassador. We hope to see you again in the near future.
With kind regards, Edwin, Karen and Team Pincoffs

Reviewed May 13, 2017

I have never encountered such a level of personable, caring and friendly service in a hotel. The staff and owners of Pincoffs really care about making you feel right at home and they absolutely succeed! It actually feels like you are visiting a friend or family member when you stay here.

I came down with a terrible cold upon my arrival and the staff did everything to help me get the medicine I needed and to make sure I was cozy and comfortable during my stay. The owner and her reception staff are beyond warm and caring. They just were absolutely wonderful to me in my needy state!

The decorating style (as others have mentioned) is a bit quirky and there are many mixed elements here. Some work and some don't. I found myself wishing that the owners had stuck more to the actual period of the original beautiful customs building the hotel occupies. Some furnishings were a bit awkward and just don't fit. It would be wonderful if the hotel decorations and furnishings were more in line with the time period of the hotel or there was a more minimal feel. Also I would have liked less reading materials and more empty surfaces in my room to place my own belongings.
My large room actually felt a bit cluttered.

The bed had superior sheets, blankets and duvets.
The mattress was a bit saggy for me but still comfortable.

One thing I have encountered in almost every hotel I have stayed in are towels that are very skimpy and in minimal supply. I don't why hotels do not provide larger towels. If I owned a hotel I would give ample and plentiful towels! It makes such a difference.

I stayed in room 15 which was on the top floor I believe, but I did have a lot of noise and vibration from the street traffic below. I was only there for two nights and I did have a bit of trouble sleeping from the river noise and traffic vibrations. If I had stayed for a longer period I would have asked to switch rooms. Since I was also in a high room I wanted to have the windows open for ventilation and you do hear seagulls at all hours. This is certainly not the hotels fault, but if you are particularly sensitive to noise as I am you may want to ask for a room not facing the road.

The staff is incredibly knowledgeable about Rotterdam and gave me tons of help and information to help me see all the sights I could pack in during my time there.

My room phone did not work when I was there and since I was feeling pretty poorly and didn't want to trek downstairs to ask for room service etc I had to pay to use my own cell phone at a roaming rate to call down to the front desk.

A small area of improvement is that there were a few dusty areas in the room that could use attention such as the night stands. The big velvet chair in my room which looked amazing was not at all comfortable to sit in.
The set up for tea with the kettle would be better if not stuck away in the closet, which was awkward to use and get to.

Having a fridge in room was very helpful!

Thank you Pincoffs for taking such good care of me during my stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo

Dear Michelle, Thank you very much for your extremely comprehensive review. Our future guests will be well informed and your comments helped us to make some improvements in the housekeeping. Eye for detail is their goal now. And we are thinking about a better presentation for our tea facilities.
Some of the information you shared maybe needs to be completed. Our beds are made by Auping. We have boxprings with 3 layers and get al lot of compliments for the bedding.
Because we are a sustainable hotel we always try not to waste energy and products.
When one guests stays in our rooms we will provide a big towel (140 x 70 cm), a small towel (100 x 50 cm), a face towel (50 x 50 cm) per person. We always put an extra set in the closet. When there are two persons in the room we put two complete sets in the bathroom.
We are glad to write you that the phone in your room is repared (it was the first broken phone in almost 10 years ;-).
We love to give you another warm welcome when you are in Rotterdam.
With kind regards, Karen, Edwin & Team Pincoffs