“Cozy hotel about a 7 minute walk from the closest tram.”

Suite Hotel Pincoffs
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 28, 2017

I stayed in room 12 for 2 nights in February. I had asked for a room with a view and a bath and that's exactly what I got! The room was lovely and quiet. It was in the top floor/attic so the view across the river was fantastic. There was a little perch with 2 large pillows in front of the window that was made out of an old door. This was my favorite part of the room! The bed was comfortable. The TV easy to use. And they have a good selection of DVDs in reception you can borrow!!! This was my favorite part of the hotel besides the perch :) WiFi worked great. There was an easy to use safe and sweet Marshall speaker for playing music from your phone. So cool. The thermostat was easy to figure out. But just in case they provide a card with directions. Complimentary water was refilled every day. Also complimentary tea and coffee. The coffee was a pod machine which I wasn't a fan of. I much prefer a french press.

The bathroom was spacious, well appointed and had a bath. I was sad to see they have Bulgari products. The hotel is so environmentally friendly I would have though the bath products would be more natural/organic. I looked at the list of ingredients on the label and couldn't use them :(

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although they couldn't tell me how to get to Kinderdijk which was frustrating. I guess not a lot of people go out there in February! Eventually they figured it out, but there was a lot of misinformation and it took a while. I know the staff isn't Tourist Information, but still...In case you're wondering you take Tram 23 to Akkeroord then take bus 90 which departs once an hour. The waterbus is running. But not all the way to Kinderdijk in the off season.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for a nice quiet stay in Rotterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Dear Rebecca, many thanks for your lovely and thorough review. Guests like you help us to create a better hotel. Thanks for giving us the maximum score.
We discuss the Bulgari products every year. They do not fit completely in our sustainable way of living. The good thing is that they are produced in Europe. Lots of cheap hotel amenities are produced and filled by the tiny hands of very young childeren in Azia. Bulgari maintains high standards on this.
Because a lot of our guests are fans of the Bulgari-fragance we are planning to offer the best of both worlds in the near future. After this summer we hope we can offer every guest a choice between Bulgari or a great sustainable brand with a great fragance.
We hope you want to experience that new feature later.
We love to give you a warm welcome again when your are in Rotterdam the next time. Many thanks and kind regards,
Edwin van der Meijde & Karen Hamerlynck

Reviewed January 9, 2017

We absolutely loved Pincoffs. NO wonder every one is raving about it. Stayed over New Year´s Eve with a perfect view twds the Erasmus Bridge (Pincoff´s Suite, do ask if you´re unsure of which room is the one for you). Cant think of a single thing NOT to enjoy here. Beautiful and spacious rooms, cozy lounge and bar, comfy beds, great location, impressive conversion of a grand old building and an absolutely delicious breakfast to round off your stay. But you know....the very best of all??....that´d be the hosts and their amazing staff. This is an hotel where you truly are their guests and not numbers. These guys really do go that extra mile. Pincoff´s is by far the most welcoming hotel or guesthouse which we´ve had the experienced over the last 12 months. Thank you all..we´ll be back!

Room Tip: ask for advice, very helpful staff, immediate response.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Dear Judith, thank you so much for this lovely review. The last evening of the year is a special moment. We are always happy to be in the hotel ourselves. Our team is touched by your review too. Thats why we all love to work in The Pincoffs - to please our guests. We hope to see you at another moment in the lovely city of Rotterdam. Please not: the best prices are to be booked on the official website of The Pincoffs Hotel. Or call us. Thanks!
With kind regards, Karen, Edwin & Team Pincoffs

Reviewed December 20, 2016

I booked a one night stay at Pincoffs, after an overnight ferry journey as a stop-over en route to Germany. I based my booking purely on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews.

JUST WOW!

The building is stunning and has been sympathetically restored to maintain many of its original features, whilst still including modern amenities like a lift and great en suite bathrooms. The history of the building and Pincoff himself are fascinating - just ask the ask and they will wax lyrical for you in full detail.

The staff were exceptional in EVERY way: polite, beautifully turned out, knowledgeable, spoke exceptional English, nothing was too much trouble. But not once did I feel belittled as so often happens in pretentious establishments. The entire staff is a credit to the hotel, the welcome that we received was overwhelmingly delightful and I was most emotional at check-out given the warmth of the staff during our departure.

The rooms are clean and wonderfully furnished in a quirky manner, the bar with its wood burning fire is a favourite of mine, also the breakfast room with its open plan kitchen is a delightfully airy room - what a welcome change from the stuffy dining halls of chain hotels.

The breakfast choice was vast: homemade preserves, pastries, cheese, meat, a choice of freshly cooked eggs and bacon, huge choice of healthy cereals, a large range of teas and my favourite illy coffee, all served with a gorgeous smile and a large portion of civility.

Without question, this little gem of an establishment fully deserves the number one rating. I would return to Rotterdam simply to stay here again.

I cannot wait to return to Pincoffs again - see you soon.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank FussyTraveller39
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Dear FussyTraveller, Thank you some much for all the energy you put in the review of The Pincoffs Hotel. We are very grateful! We love to give you a warm welcome again in Rotterdam.
Please note that the official website of The Pincoffs Hotel offers you the best room rates including breakfast. With kind regards, Karen, Edwin & Team Pincoffs

Reviewed December 8, 2016

The staff was professional, friendly, and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable and even memorable. Imagine: In the morning someone from the front desk phoned me to inquire if I needed more coffee or tea to be brought up for the in-room coffee/tea maker. Imagine: Whenever I came back to the hotel the woman at the front desk knew who I was, had my key in hand, and sincerely wanted to know how my day had been. This was Suitehotel Pincoffs.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Ludovicus000, Eigenaar at Suite Hotel Pincoffs, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

Dear Steveorjohn, Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and your appreciation for our service of free illy espresso coffee in your room. We are a small boutique hotel and are sincere interested in our guests. We hope to welcome you another time in our hotel. You problably know: the beste prices are booked directly at the hotel.
With kind regards, Edwin, Karen & Team Pincoffs

Reviewed December 5, 2016

My husband and I spent 2 nights here and fell in love with the hotel and the staff. 18 wonderful rooms, all different. We were on the top floor Room 12. High ceilings, rafters, wonderful bathroom, the most comfortable bed, special area with built in cushions at the skylight to see the wonderful view of the city. The staff was beyond helpful and charming, ordering us water taxis, making restaurant reservations. Bar area with fire very welcoming and breakfast room for very nice breakfast in the morning. I would recommend to anyone staying in Rotterdam.

Room Tip: top floor, Room 12 we loved it.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Wilsonsummer, Thank you for your lovely review! We do blush.
Your room on the topfloor was a DeLuxe Room. We hope to welcome you a next time in our hotel. If you want to book the same room, or one of our unique other rooms we guarantee you the best price when booking directly at the official hotel website.
With kind regards, Edwin, Karen & Team Pincoffs