“excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2016

This was a very busy little italian restaurant ,the service was quick but not altogether accurate as one dish had the wrong meat and another came with the wrong sauce, which they immediately corrected , the food itself was cooked to perfection so the little mistake was duly forgiven .

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Nothing special, behind the main street of zaandam.
Standard fastfood ; don't expect Italian quality and taste

1  Thank mehari
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

We visited for dinner a couple of nights ago. We were staying locally and were tired of average meals at our hotel so walked into Portofino.
We were greeted by a delightful young woman who showed us to our table. We ordered a bowl of pasta each and a bottle of wine. The meals came out piping hot, tasty and of a reasonable size. The wine too was good.
We finished off the evening with a dame blanche each (ice cream, cream and chocolate sauce) which too was fabulous.
Pasta was about €9.50 each which we thought was reasonable.
The service was a bit hit and miss at times, but they were busy and possibly short staffed.
If I were to be in Zaandam again, I would surely visit this restaurant.

1  Thank rustyharpoon11
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

My friend was craving for italian so he google what italian resto nearby and found this. He read the review here and say give it a try.

I have spagetti carbonara which is delicious. The portion here is quite big, well for me at least. Interior is nice also. They also do delivery service.

Wifi works great. They provide free wifi but need to ask the passcode with the waiter. The young lady that serve us is quite friendly. We enjoy our dinner in this resto.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

My two friends were dieting and thought that going to a "pizzeria" was definitely off limits. But they did want to visit the Zaandam shopping area. So I sent them a link to the menu and they agreed to go. They each ordered an excellent beef dish and I got a pizza that was delicious, the four cheese pizza. I couldn't eat it all but finished it when I got back to my hotel room that night. I would have preferred to have seen a menu in English, but that wasn't a huge deal to me. Pizza is pizza.

1  Thank TeriLynne1957