“Very nice meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

My friend was craving for italian so he google what italian resto nearby and found this. He read the review here and say give it a try.

I have spagetti carbonara which is delicious. The portion here is quite big, well for me at least. Interior is nice also. They also do delivery service.

Wifi works great. They provide free wifi but need to ask the passcode with the waiter. The young lady that serve us is quite friendly. We enjoy our dinner in this resto.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

My two friends were dieting and thought that going to a "pizzeria" was definitely off limits. But they did want to visit the Zaandam shopping area. So I sent them a link to the menu and they agreed to go. They each ordered an excellent beef dish and I got a pizza that was delicious, the four cheese pizza. I couldn't eat it all but finished it when I got back to my hotel room that night. I would have preferred to have seen a menu in English, but that wasn't a huge deal to me. Pizza is pizza.

1  Thank TeriLynne1957
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Ate there tonight and it was pretty busy. Service couldn't be faulted at all. Very friendly staff and where we were seated we could see into the kitchens. Food was excellent. Only down on it was the tables were extremely close together. Would recommend for the food

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Although the staff can be a bit slow (friendly though!!) the pizzas are quite good with a crispy bite. Wide variety in pizzas and pastas. House wines and coffee are okay. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

Visited here last night with my wife as near our hotel and really glad we did. Just off the main high street on the market square , we were warmly welcomed in the busy restaurant and offered a corner table.
Once our order was taken we had our drinks served but the food did take a long time but the restaurant had a really lively bubbly atmosphere so that made the wait not so bad.
When our food turned up (we both ordered calzone) it was a very generous portion and it was excellent and i just managed to clear my plate unlike my wife who is not as greedy as me !
For 2 calzone , 2 glasses of house red and 2 beers the bill came to an amazingly reasonable €33 so the pocket was happy as well.
So if in zaandam and need good food and a nice atmosphere at a good price but dont mind a wait then i would kindly suggest you give Portofino a try.