“Great, Different and Authentic!”

Capri Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #53 of 161 Restaurants in Hilversum
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Nice little italian restaurant. Not your ordinary italian! The food tasted like home cooking! I had linguini puttanesca and it was one of the best pasta dish I ever had. The service is good and friendly. I will surely come back again.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

Do not be fooled by the exterior. I love this place, the food is fantastic, atmosphere is cosy and service is excellent (if a little slow, but totally worth it).

Reviewed 16 November 2014

This year for our anniversary I made reservations at Capri, glad I did because the restaurant was completely full. I was told there was going to be a special multi-course meal.
It started with the usual amuse- bread and olive tapanade.
Then a chicken boulion soup. Chicken and cheese in a deeply flavored broth- wonderful!
Next antipasta. Figs wrapped in cured ham and ham with thin slices of cheese. Tasty!
Then the pasta course- deeply flavored red sauce with bits of meat and cheese, again wonderful!
Next was the meat course- lamb stew with veggies and potatoes. Very flavorful.
Desert was a pecan pie/cake with whipped cream. We had a cup of coffee along with it.
All this for 34.50+ wine.
It was a great evening, but I was glad I didn't wear my watch because when we got home we discovered that the dinner was 3 1/2 hours long.

1  Thank allesvoorjouw
Reviewed 8 November 2014

It's the real Italian deal.

Fresh pasta, fresh everything, absolutely brilliant. Ok, you do have to wait a bit but what can you expect ? Mama is doing the cooking so don't rush her. We were entertained by the Napolitano singer and the owner darting past, under and around the artist’s guitar bringing food and drinks to the customers.

When we finally got our order it was very tasty and perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

If you want authentic Italian food made and served by real Italians look no further.
Maria and Pascal own and run this lovely Italian restaurant in Hilversum. Maria makes a variety of home made pasta's with a red sauce that has been simmered for hours.
We started with inslada caprise. We don't know what they do but we cannot duplicate in our home- it may be the wonderful olive oil.
My wife had the vegetarian pasta with aubergine, corgette with a sauce and grated cheese.
I sometimes have the ravaoli with champions and red sauce, or the gnocchi (and have requested it with the carbonnara sauce- no problem). But this time I had the deep fried calamari- delicious
We had a bottle of the house red wine, very good and reasonable priced.
We finished with a coffee.
We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. While reservations are not always necessary it is a good idea.
They are going to have outside seating soon and were told they are going to start lunch service soon.
There are many "so-called" Italian restaurants in Hilversum, but if you want the real thing this is the place.

NOTE to TA: This restaurant needs a TripAdvisor sticker for their window.