“Come before 11pm ... large choice though ...”
Review of Foodhallen

Foodhallen
Ranked #164 of 4,469 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

All food counters close at 11pm during the week. But great choice of diverse foods. And 2 bars to add the drinks of your wish !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,887)

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

So we went in and got a table and then my partner and I took turns going to get various foods from the booths. This, it seems, was an ideal solution.
We tried some really lovely things there, and my only negative would be that we couldn't try it all!
There was some cracking sushi, lovely ice cream and pastries, and some local delicacies like Bitterballen. We also had some very interesting gin and tonics from the bar, very refreshing and photogenic!
Absolutely recommend going here, amazing street food all gathered for your convenience.

2  Thank SilentSymphony
Reviewed 23 May 2018

There are so many venders to choose from inside Foodhallen. They have asian food, Italian, Mediterranean, barbequ and more. If you and your friends can't decide on the type of food you want this place will have it all. The only downside is that when it is busy it can be hard to find seating.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

De Foodhallen was a place I was super excited to check out while in Amsterdam. De Foodhallen  is in the middle of a larger building that is part of de Hallen, which has places to shop at, people watch, look around and it even has a movie theater.

De Foodhallen has many food stands under one roof and it is busy, and seating is limited, but we found some seating outside, so it worked out for us.

I knew I had to try Taqueria Lima, so I ordered some chipotle braised beef tacos, it came with fresh herb salsa, pickled cactus, sour lime cream . The beef was delish, and the soft shells were amazing, I was thrown off a bit was the sweetness of the pickled cactus, I'm just not used to my tacos being sweet, but over all this was a good taco, next time I'll do without the pickled cactus.

Another spot I had to try was Baowowow yippie yo yippe yay ,or Bao wowow, after checking out the menu I wanted to try the chicken bao, it was a fluffy bao with shredded chicken some sauce and cucumber. OH MY YUM! Everything about this was perfect, so dang good!

If in Amsterdam, head over to De Foodhallen, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Monica O
Reviewed 21 May 2018

This place has so many varieties of great food in one place. We came here on a weekend evening for dinner so the place was packed, which took us sometime to get a table. The dining style is similar to US food courts: you order and pay at the kiosk; once your food is ready, you come and pick it up. The place is only a block away from the tram station as well, makes it super convenient.