“Amazing and Authentic ”

Thaise Snackbar Bird
Ranked #222 of 4,521 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing restaurant, the best Thai in Amsterdam I’d say! Really friendly personnel and always packed which is due to its fantastic reputation. The food is super tasty, so if you’re feeling like some proper Thai cuisine, Bird is a must!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Once you enter into this tiny Thai place, you get authentic feeling. You can find many same kind of places from Thailand; small, full of people and super tiny kitchen.

Service was fast and friendly and food super good!
One note; size of the meals are proper, so make sure that you’re hungry!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I saw some good reviews and decided to try it. They were right. The food is tasty, served in generous portions and with a good quality/price relation. I had the shrimp with red curry and coconut. It was delicious.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I visited here while on tour with my band this past month and it was everything I wanted it to be. I’ve only heard great things about this place and as a massive fan of Thai food I needed to visit.

Will be making a visit next time I find myself in Amsterdam, hopefully for pleasure so I can enjoy it in this beautiful city rather than a hot dressing room at a music venue.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a casual restaurant and the reviews of the Thaise Snackbar Bird had us salivating. When we got there it looked like a long line, but most people were waiting for take out orders. We were sitting for only a few minutes when someone asked if we knew what we wanted. We asked if our table was ready, but they offered to let us sit on the bench out front. Given the unseasonably warm day we accepted. It added to the charm. The food was excellent. My wife had the Pad Thai and I ate the duck in red curry sauce. All really good.