XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$70
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Swissotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
US$187
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$196
US$180
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
Book now, pay at stay
US$106
US$90
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

US$98
  • Breakfast included
US$290
US$176
Kimpton
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$68
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$131
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$489
US$339
Agoda.com
1,640 results
All reviewsmetro stationhot tubs and saunahipster hotelpetite roomrooftop restaurantspecial roomcool hotelcoolest hotelseventh floorfun hotelcity centrebig roomcorner roomstandard roomdouble bedamazing hotelloved this hotel
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I used to stay across the street at StudentHotel. They used to have a great vibe there, now Volks blows them out of the water.

1. Staff at Volks are great, friendly and helpful. I stayed over Easter and it was busy, they helped me get an extra night room for me and my brother. They went above and beyond.

2. The lobby area is great to work or hang out.

3. Rooms are comfortable, for me I am 6'2, maybe the room is a bit on the smaller side, but, I just use the room for sleep and a shower and it was perfect for that. If I wanted to work I went downstairs and worked and had a beer or coffee.

4. Subway station right there and the Amstel is right behind the hotel if you want a nice walk that you can't get lost.

If you want a fancier room, try one of their themed rooms. They look cool.

Book this place. Great location and good price for Amsterdam.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
TijsVolkshotel, Public Relations Manager at Volkshotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Wow! Wow! Wow! Thanks for the lovely words! We'll make sure to spread the positivity on to our team. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely the most friendly hotel with the best price-quality ratio in our main capitel Amsterdam. Do not search any further, unless you like impersonal boring same-as-ever hotel rooms with dito personel. I loved the room (the smallest was not that small and perfect for me!), the food, the friendly staff. Was there for two nights, felt absolutely comfortable ad if I was home....

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business

Best compliment! Home away from home! Thanks for the lovely words, Miranda! Hopefully we'll see you again very soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Very happy I stayed at the Volkshotel. This is a very fun place to stay especially for aged 20-35! There is so much to do just in the hotel itself! There are clubs, restaurants, hottubs, Wi-fi cafe and even an upstairs section with an almost 360 degree view of the city.

To top it off, the staff couldn't be more friendly if they tried. I was very impressed with how helpful and happy they were to give recommendations. I used their recommendations daily on places to visit, eat and explore and I was never disappointed with the results. I have stayed in some of the best and most expensive hotels in NYC and didn't have as good of advice as I got here.

It is also a hotel to make small talk and meet people who are also traveling. I stayed there as a solo traveler and felt like I was with a group the entire time!

Only negative is probably my own fault. That is the room was very cool in temperature at around 18 degrees C (or about 64-65 F). I for the life of me could not figure out how to make it get warmer and stay warmer. In the hotel's defense I also made zero attempts to ask for help from the staff, which I am confident they could have easily solved for me!

Great stay, would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Wow! Thanks for sharing your lovely words! We'll take your feedback about the temperature with us. If there are any issues during your stay, you can always let our reception know. They're available 24/7 for all your questions and are happy to help you resolving any issues you might have. Thanks again for the feedback! Hopefully we'll see you again very soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

If I could live here I would. My first time in this city and in this hotel made me feel like a local.

We came here with the intention of a Quick escape from the festival, Dekmantel - and boy we did in style!

This place has it all, a club in the basement, cafe, working / meeting rooms, a roof Terrance with cocktail bar( plus incredible views ! ) even a spa.

I will 100% be returning!

had a sir standard and it

Stayed: September 2017

Yes! Thanks for the lovely words, Stevie!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

we were very excited about staying here after reading their great reviews. we arrived ready to explore but were instantly disappointed with the hotel room. The lay out just does not work, they go for the "unfinished" look but really it just feels like they have forgot to put some energy into their rooms instead focusing more on all the other areas of the hotel. I thought when you went on holiday its nice to have space to relax and move in your room. No fridge in the room and a notice saying your not allowed to take in any snacks but really not even a bottle of water in your room? first hotel we've stayed were their was no bottles of water offered. No kettle in room which again they say its all about encouraging people to mix and yes that's cool but what if you just want a coffee after a crazy day in your own comfort? I get its encouraging the guess to spend money in the hotel for all your needs but isn't that what you pay for when you book a hotel room as much as you guys charge? The bathroom is tiny, they don't even provide large towels and most days they did not even look into bathroom as our dirty towels weren't replaced at times and the soap or shampoo was almost empty which wasn't replaced even having left the bottles opened to hint to room service to replace so we just bought our own in the end up. The duvet had horrible yellow stains on it. I could say a lot about our hotel room as I really do not feel this hotel can charge as much as they do. we have stayed in better hostels.
I am all for the hippie vibe and you guys have it spot on when it comes to that vibe as we did enjoy having a coffee or drink at the groovy bar both downstairs and on floor 7, but I think you have got to make your rooms a priority. The little things can make a huge difference. Ok you mite say embrace it but there is embracing it and knowing standards.

Room Tip: higher floors don't get as much noise from road or nightclub
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sunshinemonday

We're sorry that your experience wasn't great. Because that's our goal with every guest that stays here. We also like everything to be spick and span. If there are any issues during your stay, you can always let our reception know. They're available 24/7 for all your questions and are happy to help you resolving any issues you might have. Thanks for sharing your experience. This helps us to keep improving things.